• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    VA honors all other state permits

wow, didn't know. Virginia is great! Very easy to get a permit with them, and now I don't have to worry about renewing with them. Just got my DC permit last week. but DC is the shortest I've had:2 years. My Maryland was 3 and Virginia 5.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    I'd like to apply for the DC conceal carry permit, but I know you have to attend a DC-certified concealed carry class and those classes are taught only in DC, MD, and parts of VA.

I guess I have to just wait until I eventually move to Northern Virginia.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I'd like to apply for the DC conceal carry permit, but I know you have to attend a DC-certified concealed carry class and those classes are taught only in DC, MD, and parts of VA.

I guess I have to just wait until I eventually move to Northern Virginia.
    That's not quite the case. Contact DC for the truth.

xKtF

Nov 5, 2018
    Does anyone know once you take the class and get the preliminary approval paper signed; if you get your license when you go to the building to drop the paper off or if they mail the license to you?

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Does anyone know once you take the class and get the preliminary approval paper signed; if you get your license when you go to the building to drop the paper off or if they mail the license to you?

They can print the cards on site or mail to you. Whatever is convenient. You can mail / email the training docs.

Buzz826

Sep 15, 2018
    DC CCW

I'm on day 90 now and I'm still been told after being left on hold for 30 minutes and then being hung up on and having to call back to my application is still pending.. I don't know what's the big issue with any CCW back ground check it does not take but a few minutes to run a background check on anyone and if you cant find anything wrong in 30 days I am sure you will not find anything in 90 days or more

Buzz826

Sep 15, 2018
    Took from Dec 4,18 until Mar 30, 19 .... The license was issued on a 26 of March but the registration was issued on the 13th of March and on the registration has the caliber incorrect as well as model...wow DC Still better than Maryland they wants to know if you have a ton of money before they give you one

xKtF

Nov 5, 2018
    Took from Dec 4,18 until Mar 30, 19 .... The license was issued on a 26 of March but the registration was issued on the 13th of March and on the registration has the caliber incorrect as well as model...wow DC Still better than Maryland they wants to know if you have a ton of money before they give you one

Mine has the the wrong model name too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom