• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Personally I think red dots on pistols will continue to grow in popularity. Same for threaded barrels for comps and suppressors.

Agree 100%, but the big headache is getting a RDS mounted. The ideal solution is to mount the sight deep in the slide, which means no adapter plate. The problem being that most shooters try to cheap out on a dot.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Agree 100%, but the big headache is getting a RDS mounted. The ideal solution is to mount the sight deep in the slide, which means no adapter plate. The problem being that most shooters try to cheap out on a dot.
    The Brownells RMR slide is basically perfect in terms of how deep the RMR is. Not sure with P80 Builder and Swenson use such shallow cuts.

Someone brought up the P250; the P250's problem was that it had a DAO hammer-fired trigger, which made it really annoying to shoot recreationally. The P320 has a pretty great trigger, which is why it's more popular.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've been struggling with pistol shooting for years due to my eyesight (I've been needing bifocals for years.) Optics helped out a lot when I can use them on my handguns. I shot with better accuracy and speed when I had a red-dot on my Ruger MK II. I may have to do this with all of my handguns now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom