• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I ready to build AR lower. not 80% ready to build.

Im looking what sites have best deals?

Thanks you

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Unless you have a specific lower you are looking for, best bet is to post in the industry partner section and see who has what in stock. Between shipping and transfer fees, might be hard to beat their price, especially without shipping and waiting headaches. I primarily build from billet, and if you do want to order something special, I have had good luck with Rainier arms, they have good service, good sales, and lots of premium brands.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I can get a three pack of Andersons for $126.00 or a single for $59.95.

Or, I could get four Aeroprecision lowers for $200, a single for $70.00.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    If you are in the southern MD area check out Gym Ratz. They had a decent price on various Spikes stripped lowers.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Gymratz had some Anderson lowers, complete , $50 each or two for $85

Not 80%ers but still a great deal

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Obviously LGS would typically be best if you don’t care about brand/make etc.

Seen Anderson’s posted online for $29.99 and aero’s for $39.99 quite a few times lately..so compare that to your LGS

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hmmm, if we don’t get screwed thus winter maybe spring/summer I’ll venture over to Clear Spring and pick up another couple lowers. For $100 and a little change, why not? I am almost up to a life time supply of AR lowers, but not quite yet.

Of course if the writing is on the wall I’ll be trying to find something sooner.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That is pretty good, but unless or until I can find an FFL that’ll do the transfer for real cheap...I am looking at $40-50 on top of the price tag for the transfer.

That said, I’ve got a couple of Anderson’s, a spikes and a couple of Sabre CAV-15 lowers. I wouldn’t mind another one or two lowers for the sake of PHD and I guess if I am looking at another one or two, I might as well make them nicer ones.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I have bought several(s) Anderson lowers over the years. I have never had any issue with them, parts fit just fine, usually mating to Anderson uppers. Turns out completely serviceable rifles. Looks good, works good, priced right. What is the downfall to using them? Is it the name, or some fancy graphic on the side of the receiver? I see Andersons priced at $49 and another lower in the case beside it for $200. Look at them side by side, I see no difference other than the name. Am I missing something?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have bought several(s) Anderson lowers over the years. I have never had any issue with them, parts fit just fine, usually mating to Anderson uppers. Turns out completely serviceable rifles. Looks good, works good, priced right. What is the downfall to using them? Is it the name, or some fancy graphic on the side of the receiver? I see Andersons priced at $49 and another lower in the case beside it for $200. Look at them side by side, I see no difference other than the name. Am I missing something?

I haven’t had a problem with an Anderson lower ever.

I have built two ar’s with Areo lowers, and yes the finish is better, but they fit terrible to my Areo uppers. Loose, sloppy, rattling and with a large gap between the upper and lower.

They fit great to psa uppers so go figure .

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Anderson let some lowers slip through QC and have the buffer retainer pin hole out of spec. I've not had this problem with the Andersons I've bought. I'm thinking that I'll just go buy a few more just for grins since the prices have gone down so much. But I'll go with Aero versus Anderson. There's not much price difference and the Aeros I've bought were nicer than the Andersons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom