• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • catch

Nov 21, 2012
    I would like to say hello. I was denied on buying an ar 15. I knew i had a malicious destruction charge that is a misdemeanor not a felony. I am appealing
    it now with msp, the charge was in 1994 i was 22 now I'm 40. What do you think my chance are with the appeal.

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.
    CRIMINAL LAW
    TITLE 6. CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY
    SUBTITLE 3. MALICIOUS DESTRUCTION AND RELATED CRIMES

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 6-301 (2012)

§ 6-301. Malicious destruction -- Generally

(a) Prohibited. -- A person may not willfully and maliciously destroy, injure, or deface the real or personal property of another.

(b) Penalty -- Property damage of at least $500. -- A person who, in violation of this section, causes damage of at least $ 500 to the property is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $ 2,500 or both.

What was the maximum prison term in 1994?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    i was found guilty of 300+

You are barred from purchasing regulated firearms in MD. However if you leave and go to a state that doesn't have the same restriction you would be ok. This won't effect your ability to purchase non-regulated.

catch

Nov 21, 2012
    I am starting to get pissed at the gun store. I told them I had a conviction,
    but I got probation no jail time. He told me to put no to the question. How that I can't get the gun he wants a 300$ restocking fee.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    but I got probation no jail time. He told me to put no to the question. How that I can't get the gun he wants a 300$ restocking fee.

Did you pay before filing the paperwork? If not just don't pay. If you've already placed a deposit, ask him for that policy in writing, if he can't provide it you could take him to small claims court. Take it as a lesson never to take advice on how to fill out forms.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County

most gun stores will require you to pay and if you get disapproved it is on you to pay a restocking fee. Nothing out of the ordinary there. The only thing that's messed up is the guy opened his mouth and told you how to answer a question, that's a big no-no. Read that form and take each question at face value and respond truthfully.

About your record... A well written apologetic letter addressed to your district judge has proved to be minimally effective in getting traffic records expunged. Dunno bout criminal.

good luck!.... and quit putting quarter-sticks in mail boxes dammit.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    The problem is you filled out and signed the document. I can't find the Md regulated firearms application, but I'm pretty sure it's worded the same as the federal form 4473. Question 11.c is the one you will have trouble with. You signed stating all information in the application was true to the best of your knowledge. See page 3 above the signature area for where you are legally bound. Again, this isn't the Md. regulated app. but the important parts are the same IIRC.

Attachments

• 4473.pdf
      71.6 KB · Views: 208

catch

Nov 21, 2012
    I paid in full. Just check my email. My lawyer said 300+ is how 500+. He going to look in to getting a governor pardon, but it will take sometime .

catch

Nov 21, 2012
    If you look up malicious destruction it is 500+ or - . I was 300 plus I didnt know
    300 is now the 500.

catch

Nov 21, 2012
    I know I will have wait 5 yrs after the pardon to get an expungement.
    IT is a start . So is a waste of time to appeal to the msp or should i just go back and get my money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom