• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    You would think this 2A super power would have lawyers/reps in all 50 states following new legislation closely and sounding the alarm immediately.
    Nope

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Spend resources where they will have the effect you require.

Shoveling money down a rat hole while it could be used to greater effect elsewhere is not rational.

We as a group are all over the Anti-2A folk for acting solely on emotion. Apparently it is part of the basic human condition after all, not just limited to the Left.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You would think this 2A super power would have lawyers/reps in all 50 states following new legislation closely and sounding the alarm immediately.
    Nope

NRA-ILA has a representative that works with MSI and MSRPA in Annapolis during the legislative session.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I look at this whole thing differently , as a strategy i would think the NRA could every year take a state like Maryland and blast it with legal reps. and campaigns as well as some of the most well known NRA peeps at the MGA in Jan, and Feb. and blast a message .
    It may wake up the Fudds and others that are just sitting and playing with themselves while sitting on a fence and saying not my problem .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It may wake up the Fudds and others that are just sitting and playing with themselves while sitting on a fence and saying not my problem .

Ahh, yes, the situation were in is the fault of the mythical fudds. Couldn't possibly be that Maryland has been anti-gun for 250 years (does not even have state constitutional provision for the RKBA like PA and VA ratified in the 1790s). Or that Maryland has been progressive central for a hundred years and our side is outnumbered. Or that Maryland is completely pwned by Bloomberg, who gave Hopkins several billion, several hundred million of which went directly to anti-gun propaganda.

I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that in order to move the overton window, we would have to work with people who only agree with us 60% of the time and get them involved and to the polls. If they dont agree with us 100% of the time, **** em, am I rite?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I don't know any so called "fudds", as I am not necessarily a hunter... however I do have a lot of friends (none of which are affiliated with the D side of politics)that are not really interested in the "gun thing" because of all the onerous ******** placed on those here in Maryland who choose firearms as a hobby and means of self defense, both home and when in public. All have, for the most part, conveyed their envy of my tenacity to pursue this hobby. I have helped a few get started in the hobby and explain that if we are not engaged with the politics of the hobby, the hobby will go away at the hands of the progressives. Once they bring home that first one, I remind them that they are now part of a silent majority and need to step up and be heard. I also encourage them to purchase that 24 gun safe and not the single gun box as firearms do multiply like rabbits.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't know any so called "fudds", as I am not necessarily a hunter... however I do have a lot of friends (none of which are affiliated with the D side of politics)that are not really interested in the "gun thing" because of all the onerous ******** placed on those here in Maryland who choose firearms as a hobby and means of self defense, both home and when in public. All have, for the most part, conveyed their envy of my tenacity to pursue this hobby. I have helped a few get started in the hobby and explain that if we are not engaged with the politics of the hobby, the hobby will go away at the hands of the progressives. Once they bring home that first one, I remind them that they are now part of a silent majority and need to step up and be heard. I also encourage them to purchase that 24 gun safe and not the single gun box as firearms do multiply like rabbits.

Sorry to be picky but self defense is not a "hobby." And if you have not "chosen" firearms for SD, what is the alternative plan? A pick axe?

I think that the reality is Maryland is very split: There are the limousine liberals in safe suburban communities who either don't think that they will ever be robbed at gunpoint, or simply think that they get fingerprinted for their job so gun laws are not a burden for them. They are the elite do-gooders who simply think that we need fewer liquor stores in poor neighborhoods and that will fix everything. And then there are the people who actually need to defend themselves, maybe on a daily basis, who are the most burdened by gun laws. But if there is ever a potential revolt the do-gooders just send more checks so Baltimore can waste more money. On summer programs for misguided yutes.

Elites disarming the poor and sending checks to keep the poor from revolting is the same as it ever was. Maryland calls this progressive-ism, but its was the same in Rome and every other time in recorded history. All we are missing is the Roman lead pipes. Oh wait, we have that too.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

Don't be so picky. My friends are neither "elite" nor "poor" as you describe. They are middle-income working-class stiffs who just don't feel the need, as others do, to hitch up to a sidearm and be ready for the next opportunistic shitbag to take their wares. Maryland didn't get this way over night and won't become a free state that way either. My tack is to educate my friends and, on an occasion, passersby of the importance of becoming engaged in the fight to right the ship. You may disagree with my words all you want, as I am not the most eloquent speaker/writer/whatever... but to impune my deeds would be a gross misstep on your part.
    As for choosing a method of self defense, please be reminded that even for the most formidable opponent, there will always be someone that will defeat them... guns don't always win over skill.

PS... Just so you understand, we ARE on the same side here.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Don't be so picky. My friends are neither "elite" nor "poor" as you describe. They are middle-income working-class stiffs who just don't feel the need, as others do, to hitch up to a sidearm and be ready for the next opportunistic shitbag to take their wares. Maryland didn't get this way over night and won't become a free state that way either. My tack is to educate my friends and, on an occasion, passersby of the importance of becoming engaged in the fight to right the ship. You may disagree with my words all you want, as I am not the most eloquent speaker/writer/whatever... but to impune my deeds would be a gross misstep on your part.
    As for choosing a method of self defense, please be reminded that even for the most formidable opponent, there will always be someone that will defeat them... guns don't always win over skill.

PS... Just so you understand, we ARE on the same side here.

We are on the same side.

I just get uptight when we use the word "hobby." Its what gun prohibitionists say to downplay self defense and turn it into a privilege. The right to self defense is not a hobby.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    We are on the same side.

I just get uptight when we use the word "hobby." Its what gun prohibitionists say to downplay self defense and turn it into a privilege. The right to self defense is not a hobby.

Or it could be all the infighting among the MD 2A community. our community is very fractured and never speaks with one voice or message. The community is willing to belittle anyone that is not a "zealot". The left sees this hence why the "Fudds" hardly stand with the "Shooters" why the Ds in the community just sit quietly. To many in this community either you are 100% or you are everyone else.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Spend resources where they will have the effect you require.

Shoveling money down a rat hole while it could be used to greater effect elsewhere is not rational.

We as a group are all over the Anti-2A folk for acting solely on emotion. Apparently it is part of the basic human condition after all, not just limited to the Left.

Same should be said when deciding what gun rights advocacy group to donate to/ maintain a membership in.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Same should be said when deciding what gun rights advocacy group to donate to/ maintain a membership in.

True.

That's why I contribute to NRA, Judicial Watch, GOA, SAF, JPFO, MSI and various political candidates.

I've sent serious (for me) money to Freitas in VA, McSally in AZ, Wolfe in MD, and small amounts to others in various states.

There's no single organisation that covers all the bases. Supporting senatorial candidates from other states is far better than wasting money opposing (most) Dems in MD. Freitas would have been a formidable senator; if he runs again I'll send him more money.

Hell, I even sent a fair amount to Trump. That investment has been paying off with conservative judgeships all over the country, and two in SCOTUS. Trump's far from perfect, but far far better than anyone else who ran for POTUS in 2016.

I also pounded the pavements with the Patriot Picket group, and testified in Annapolis. It's not just supporting the right "groups" - money helps, but sometimes it's a matter of just showing up, and showing face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom