• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    I agree 100%. Bad grammar and foolish arguments make it easier for the left to dismiss us as unintelligent, knuckle-draggers.

Let’s also try to dress appropriately. We will be speaking before a state legislature, not going hunting or invading Iraq.

IMHO - I would not testify that you are going to "refuse to comply".....

Why not? They can't do anything. And it shows a non violent civil disobedience.

These suggestions of dressing up and being articulate are the intimidating factors. Listen, you are never going to change the opinion or impression of Constitutionalists to the Gun Grabbers.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

These suggestions of dressing up and being articulate are the intimidating factors. Listen, you are never going to change the opinion or impression of Constitutionalists to the Gun Grabbers.

Yes. and Yes.:thumbsup:

“By the way I call it "moral obedience" rather than "civil disobedience" because it is God's law". Those who try to promote un-natural laws on us are committing moral disobedience. It is our duty to resist immoral laws and actions.” By Richard Fry.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD

You are testifying that you are going to break the law correct?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You are testifying that you are going to break the law correct?
    This is a very important concept:
    16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It's not hard to say "I will not comply".

But they WANT us to not comply....that's the dirty little secret. That way when we get arrested, they can point to us and say: "Look, this 'average gun owner' is a law-breaker! We need more laws and less guns!".

I don't think they are going to cold feet about any of these bills because we say we won't obey them. I think it might have the opposite effect.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    But they WANT us to not comply....that's the dirty little secret. That way when we get arrested, they can point to us and say: "Look, this 'average gun owner' is a law-breaker! We need more laws and less guns!".

I don't think they are going to cold feet about any of these bills because we say we won't obey them. I think it might have the opposite effect.

Agree with this , they want more people in the system and more numbers that favor their numbers for next year .

They can say we caught 100 people with these bad guns .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Have you been paying attention? Connecticut, NJ, NY, CO, WA? They want us to comply. They know full well that these laws are practically unenforceable.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Have you been paying attention? Connecticut, NJ, NY, CO, WA? They want us to comply. They know full well that these laws are practically unenforceable.

I get what you are saying, and my hope is that it is that simple. But as with other areas of our lives, these people are beginning to take off their masks and exposing themselves rather than hide and be subversive. They're no longer saying "Nobody wants to come for your guns". Now they're saying "We're coming for your guns". In order to do so, they need to make what we do illegal. And they need to put a certain amount of us in jail to scare the rest in to submission. They can't do that if we all comply. So I think that they WANT us not to comply, at least to some degree. Now if every single one of us said that we won't comply, and they heard it 1,000 times....then maybe we'd have something.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I get what you are saying, and my hope is that it is that simple. But as with other areas of our lives, these people are beginning to take off their masks and exposing themselves rather than hide and be subversive. They're no longer saying "Nobody wants to come for your guns". Now they're saying "We're coming for your guns". In order to do so, they need to make what we do illegal. And they need to put a certain amount of us in jail to scare the rest in to submission. They can't do that if we all comply. So I think that they WANT us not to comply, at least to some degree. Now if every single one of us said that we won't comply, and they heard it 1,000 times....then maybe we'd have something.

That's what I'm talking about. Typically, our fight is to not get things passed, or mitigate the damage. They NEED to know that they have gone too far and it will be ignored.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member

They do? I think they wouldn't have a clue how to handle a coup. They think we are unintelligent morons who will continue to follow to the slaughter. They see us as easy targets because, apparently, we are too afraid to show them who we really are; i.e. the instructions here to go gently and politely into the night. How has that worked so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom