• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    NYC passed such a law, promising that it would never lead to confiscation. Then they confiscated them.

Nazi Germany did the same. cept the jews went to the gulags. Then places like death camps.

You do know US gun control laws are basically verbatim of Nazi Germans, right?

Little spoken about in the media, go figure.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/GCA_68.htm

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    For a main course read Gun Control in the Third Reich: Disarming the Jews and "Enemies of the State". and Gun Control in Nazi-Occupied France: Tyranny and Resistance. For dessert pick up The Swiss and the Nazis:
    How the Alpine Republic Survived in the Shadow of the Third Reich.
    All three are by Stephen P. Halbrook. These books help flesh out how gun control/registration plays out, and what resistance against overwhelming odds looked like.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just rec'd a copy of Halbrook's "Target Switzerland: Swiss armed neutrality in WWII". I'll post a review by and by.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    How the British Gun Control Program Precipitated the American Revolution

https://www.academia.edu/10621580/H..._Program_Precipitated_the_American_Revolution

Wow, great article!
    This Article chronologically reviews British gun control which precipitated the American Revolution: the 1774 import ban on firearms and gun powder; the 1774 – 1775 confiscation of firearms and gun powder from individuals and from local governments; and the use of violence to effectuate the confiscations. It was these events which changed a situation of rising political tension into a shooting war. Each of these British abuses provide insight into the scope of the modern Second Amendment. Although these abuses are not being repeated precisely in their original form, they are examples of a general type of abuse

Coming soon to a tyranny near you!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Demonstrateably false.

https://www.factcheck.org/2013/01/voting-conspiracies/

There has never been proof of wide spread voter fraud. At least not in modern times.

Trust me, if there had been, there WOULD be a lot of people in jail.

The closest was in the North Carolina House of Representatives race where the republican candidate appeared to have someone falsifying absantee ballots to the tune of several hundred votes.

I am unhappy as hell with the Dems, but they aren’t perpetrating wide spread voter fraud. Acting otherwise doesn’t actually address the problems or buries our heads in the sand of them winning elections. I prefer to engage in the facts with them.

That's not true (in general, not related to the Obama election specifically). There have been arrests made for voter fraud (there was at least 1 here in Virginia in 2016) and threads in this forum discussing fraudulent voting with links to reference materials/articles. It is most definitely occurring - not claiming there are millions of fraudulently cast votes, but it happens.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That's not true (in general, not related to the Obama election specifically). There have been arrests made for voter fraud (there was at least 1 here in Virginia in 2016) and threads in this forum discussing fraudulent voting with links to reference materials/articles. It is most definitely occurring - not claiming there are millions of fraudulently cast votes, but it happens.

That’s why I said wide spread. There are scattered cases and some abuses that touch on thousands of cases. Things like phone calls attempting to suppress voter turn out. Actual people fraudulent registering to vote, double voting or stuffing ballot boxes is rare on the scale of the 120-150 million odd people who tend to vote. On the order of several dozen incidents out of those tens of millions of votes per major election.

Absolutely every one should be investigated, but there has never been any serious evidence of millions (or even tens of thousands) of illegal immigrants voting (obviously illegally) or things or that nature. I am sure there are a few and everyone would should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

That was more my point, the original meme posted, every allegation in it was false. Not exaggerated, but wrong. There are some cases that can be pointed to, but not the systematic abuses that were claimed.

I want to go up against the Dems pushing this crap on us with facts, not stuff that can be disproved with 60 seconds and a search engine (and doesn’t even ring true unless you are big in to conspiracy theories). Facts aren’t on the Dems side, but if we do throw out easily disproved stuff it undermines our case and our facts.

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Most of These States are also under attack of communist schemes and plans to violate the COTUS.

D7CA75C4-3501-48F2-AB8D-2EB193275B0E_jpeg-848885.JPG

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) is a United States federal law that revised many provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968. As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any sort of database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner.
    The exact wording of the provision is as follows:
    No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/are-guns-registered/

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) is a United States federal law that revised many provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968. As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any sort of database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner.
    The exact wording of the provision is as follows:
    No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/are-guns-registered/

Note the weasel wording..No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General].
    There is nothing that prevents a state from establishing its own system of recordkeeping separate from Federally-mandated records. This is exactly what Maryland does with Maryland licensed regulated firearms dealers; as a condition of having the MD license, transaction records need to be kept and made available to the state. An audit of those state-mandated records must, by state law, be conducted no less often than once every two years.

If you buy a long gun from an FFL who does not sell regulated firearms, and therefore doesn't require a MD regulated firearms dealer license, the above does not apply. But AFAIK there are very few FFLs in MD that do not have one and sell only nonregulated firearms.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I wouldn’t be too sure about that. He’s owned by Hogan. There’s an audio my wife has somewhere from last session when they were debating the bump stock bill and he said the “opposition” was trying to make Hogan look bad and if he was governor he would sign the law too but yes he did vote against it in the end.

Unlike Krebs and Rose, Ready voted against it before it made it to the floor too. Do not know how Shoemaker voted. If you look at the list of legislation Krebs says she either sponsored or co sponsored, it is clear that she is not with us!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    In the end I believe they all voted against them but some not until they were shamed.

Only on the final vote, after it hit the floor. Both Krebs and Rose voted for until then. Krebs has been playing that game far too long! I do not know Rose so, I am thinking that she is just following Krebs lead. Lots of those around the area are seeing Krebs for what she is and say she has to go.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Only on the final vote, after it hit the floor. Both Krebs and Rose voted for until then. Krebs has been playing that game far too long! I do not know Rose so, I am thinking that she is just following Krebs lead. Lots of those around the area are seeing Krebs for what she is and say she has to go.

My wife and I were at the CC AG center back in 2014 for a candidate meet and greet and when my wife got up to mingle with some people Krebs came over to our table and began to bad mouth my wife in front of Shoemaker who just happened to be standing by our table. I stood up and let her have it, the look on her face was priceless and she was arrogant enough to stand there and argue with me but did come back later to apologize to (ME) for being a jerk. Shoemaker wanted no part of it and headed for the high grass.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    My wife and I were at the CC AG center back in 2014 for a candidate meet and greet and when my wife got up to mingle with some people Krebs came over to our table and began to bad mouth my wife in front of Shoemaker who just happened to be standing by our table. I stood up and let her have it, the look on her face was priceless and she was arrogant enough to stand there and argue with me but did come back later to apologize to (ME) for being a jerk. Shoemaker wanted no part of it and headed for the high grass.

We see her at the Freedom fire hall fund raising event. Many times, she starts telling a story and completely confuses multiple events in the telling. She accused me of insulting her when I pointed out certain facts about her behind the scenes anti-2A voting. Doesn't she know that it is public record? I asked her questions about state funded projects going on in Eldersburg and she had absolutely no clue, even though those projects are within a couple of miles from her home. She even challenged me to run for office. Little does she know, people have been asking me to for years. Hmm!

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    We see her at the Freedom fire hall fund raising event. Many times, she starts telling a story and completely confuses multiple events in the telling. She accused me of insulting her when I pointed out certain facts about her behind the scenes anti-2A voting. Doesn't she know that it is public record? I asked her questions about state funded projects going on in Eldersburg and she had absolutely no clue, even though those projects are within a couple of miles from her home. She even challenged me to run for office. Little does she know, people have been asking me to for years. Hmm!

You should definitely consider running! Most people do not have a clue as to our representatives voting records. Sadly in CC many have a false sense of security just because there's all Republican in office.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I really think the intent of this bill is more nefarious than just the extremist provisions on potential long gun buyers. This is a bill which could very well put a lot of the remaining FFL's out of business and leave a Marylander who wants to purchase any gun with very few options. And remember under federal law you cannot just go across state lines to buy a long gun if doing so violates your home states rules. I'm starting to wonder if part of the Hobby Mommies' strategy is also going after the businesses with this and the HBAR bill.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm sure if the Cankles Demand Commotion people think it will deter at least one gun purchase it will get written in somewhere.

After thinking about it a bit, it turns out that there actually are things that would make me think about never buying another long gun. Maryland could end up the only state that provides a biohazard baggie with its gun registration form set.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom