• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'll just bump this one as I found it. Looking to SBR a EVO 3 Micro. What is needed to get to the stupid 29' OAL?

Is the Sig MPX easier to SBR?

I'm not overly interested in the brace.

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    Well, I finally got my replacement pistol from CZ. Defect in the mount for the hand grip. Jeez.

Anyhow, Reddings in Gettysburg, my go to for magazines, didn't have Scorpion mags. Anyone have a go to place in southern PA or perhaps Leesburg that carries them in stock?

what optic is that?

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    What were folks paying for pistol models a year or 2 ago? Was like 800 ish, right?

These damn things are well over that now. Like 945 -985 is what I’m seeing on fde models.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I am posting this in case any others were having the same difficulty I was finding: a) availability; and, b) decent pricing on *20*-rd Scorpion mags

I finally got notification Numrich has some, for $18 (cheaper than CZUSA web store where it appears they’re not in stock) AND FREE SHIPPING, to boot! :party29: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#/CategoryDisplayName/Gun-Magazines&query=Scorpion&showed=99 got a couple dozen and shipping was not only fast but the box they sent them in was so robust, and quadrupled fiber-taped to the point it may as well have been constructed out of light plywood! :thumbsup:

Also, couple pages of Scorpion parts (many oos) here: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#query=Scorpion&showed=99

Admittedly panic-buying / market-gains-harvesting this past March/April, I don’t even want to post up what I paid for my braced Scorpion Micro and I don’t know what to call the second braced pistol I got with a “barrel extension” on it. :sad20: (That latter was a bone head purchase: after I got the Micro, I went about stocking up on 30rd mags, wound up losing track of orders and wound up with enough of an excess amount of 30-rd sticks that the only rational thing do was buy another Scorpion. :D)

Having received my Stribog SP9A3 (relatively light and Crisp! trigger) before the Scorpion(s), I was shocked (“Shocked, I say!:lol2:) at how horrendously heavy the stock Scorpion triggers were and I wound up dropping in MCARBO trigger spring kits: https://www.mcarbo.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-trigger-spring-kit.aspx
    Yuuuuge improvement albeit, the lighter springs obviously sacrifice a tad on force of the trigger reset but, it’s not as noticeable live fire as it is dry firing … no matter what, the factory trigger pull was so shameful, alternate springs were not an option, they were necessary …

JUST CURIOUS - in case anyone has actually tried BOTH: is there much difference between the HB Industries trigger kit for the Scorpion, vs the MCARBO?

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Saw and handed one at the range. 10 round magazines are very hard to remove. Ambidextrous safety on the right side of receiver dig into the (right handed) shooters hand. Definitely a poor design.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Saw and handed one at the range. 10 round magazines are very hard to remove. Ambidextrous safety on the right side of receiver dig into the (right handed) shooters hand. Definitely a poor design.
    Lol. Use a 30 round mag. Buy one of many aftermarket safety replacements or deletes, add an improved trigger spring and it becomes a nice handling firearm. Alternate grips and charging handles improve things even more. But out of the box, yeah, it has some rough edges.

Sent using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom