• Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 15.41.55.jpg
      Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 15.41.55.jpg
      23.9 KB · Views: 384

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    any movement on SB 441? The bill where they tell you how you can store your firearms?
    Neither it, nor the house version (HB468) have moved since their committee hearings on the 21st of Feb and the 25th of Feb, respectively.
    Phew. Fingers crossed that they don't get traction. This one is a great pre-text to be able to inspect (and take inventory) to see if firearms are being stored the way the state prescribes. Wonder if Cracker Barrell would be in violation with those wall hangers (which are likely non-functional, but let me have my point ;) ).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Phew. Fingers crossed that they don't get traction. This one is a great pre-text to be able to inspect (and take inventory) to see if firearms are being stored the way the state prescribes. Wonder if Cracker Barrell would be in violation with those wall hangers (which are likely non-functional, but let me have my point ;) ).

Mmnnn hmmmnnn

That’s why I was asking.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Yes and no. It could be an attempt to move that direction. However the way the law is worded, no. Police would need probable cause to get a warrant. Not “well he might not be storing his firearms properly”.

So unless of until the law says that evidence must be provided that they are stored or a bill to require inspection of storage...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes and no. It could be an attempt to move that direction. However the way the law is worded, no. Police would need probable cause to get a warrant. Not “well he might not be storing his firearms properly”.

So unless of until the law says that evidence must be provided that they are stored or a bill to require inspection of storage...
    You took me literally, which is understandable, but I was implying something else. Pretext for future legislation, to ensure compliance, as they do in some countries. Not saying that we wouldn't be able to fight it, but it would concern me. Initially, before such get around the 5th amendment legislation and if the currently proposed storage legislation passes, one first might get 'red flagged' by a visitor that claims to have seen a long gun not properly stored in the home.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Wonder if Cracker Barrell would be in violation with those wall hangers (which are likely non-functional, but let me have my point ;) ).

Let's go to the cracker barrel, grab a sarsaparilla, and wait for it all to blow over.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 23.23.18.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Give me the Sunrise Sampler, or give me death.

(one may be congruent with the other, but I have no fu*ks left to give on the matter)

A fondness for country fried steak is implanted, in most men, and it is natural to devour it, when acquired.-thomas jefferson....probably

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    second reading passed for 346

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 13.10.36.jpg
      Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 13.10.36.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 413

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    On a different subject, I've also not heard anything about legislation to tackle the opioid problem in Maryland. I've also been checking the newspapers for reporting on the topic, and other than lawsuits being prepared against the Sackler family and Purdue Pharma as well as Hogan seeking more money for treatment and prevention programs, I haven't noted the earnestness of politicians to tackle this problem (at least in terms of proposed legislation) with the same alacrity that they've gone after guns. Perhaps because there's no lobbying organization pushing bills?

In any case, this might be a good topic to broach if calling (anti-gun) legislators asking them what efforts they're putting in these final days before sine dine to confront this serious problem in Maryland. Would be good if they focused their time and energy on a very real and growing threat to our youth.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    I pray the Lord my soul to keep
    If I should die before I wake
    Country fry me, like a steak

My preference would be to become a nice spicy pot of chili. Keep me in the family - at least for a day or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom