• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Non-WC thread for those interested in his views:

Barr's testimony from 1991 on assault clipazines:

On the DeConcini amendment, I would prefer a limitation on the clip size. But ultimately, I would recommend the President sign a bill that had the Brady waiting period and the DeConcini assault weapons provisions in it as long as we had other tough crime measures in it that dealt with the other problems.
    https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/trump-choosing-barr-for-doj-no-favor-to-gun-owners/330080#

against large capacity clips, was for the assault ban, and pro-waiting period.:tdown::tdown: Maybe someone should press whether his views have evolved.

Keep in mind, DOJ views can influence the Supreme Court on cases.

The DeConcini amendment, hoisted from the archives:
    https://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/24/us/senate-backs-curb-on-assault-rifles-by-a-vote-of-50-49.html

In a vote that surprised both opponents and supporters of gun control, the Senate today approved a measure that would ban for three years the manufacture and sale of nine types of semiautomatic assault weapons.

The legislation applies to nine types of semiautomatic rifles and pistols, with 14 models of these types. Such weapons are distinct from fully automatic weapons in that they require the trigger to be squeezed for each shot. Fully automatic weapons, which are already banned under Federal law, fire rounds continuously with a pull of the trigger. But the semiautomatic weapons can be modified to spray bullets.

:omg:

as an aside, that was also the year we also heard about bans on plastic guns., lol. sound familiar.

and, lest we forget: Republicans sold us out then too. NRA gave DeConcini the legislature of the month award two years earlier.

But the measure drew support from 7 Republicans and 43 Democrats, including traditional opponents of gun control like Democratic Senators Lloyd Bentsen of Texas. Sam Nunn of Georgia and David L. Boren of Oklahoma.

Seems like the 90s is breaking out all over again.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Are we still thinking Republicans are pro constitution? And the NRA? ...

Soon we’ll be hearing please send money so we can fight dems lol

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    WB: "I would prefer a limitation on the clip size. But ultimately, I would recommend the President sign a bill that had the Brady waiting period and the DeConcini assault weapons provisions in it." -- Barr Confirmation Hearing Day 1 November 12, 1991

To the bolded above, why can't that be construed as the Bill Ruger option? Did he prefer just limiting magazine sizes and not banning any particular firearms?

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Trump's pick for new attorney general is 'best friends' with Robert Mueller who was a guest at his daughters' weddings - and their wives share a Bible study
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6574343/Attorney-General-pick-Barr-expresses-confidence-Mueller.html
    • Trump nominated Bill Barr, who was attorney general under President George H.W. Bush, to take the job again after firing Jeff Sessions
    • Barr has a confirmation hearing coming up next week and made the rounds to sit with key Republican senators on Wednesday
    • Sen. Lindsey Graham, a key Trump confidant, told reporters Barr has no plan to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller and doesn't think he's running a 'witch hunt'
    • Barr and Mueller are 'best friends,' he said, noting that the two men have known each other for 20 years
    • Their wives attend the same Bible study together, and Mueller has attended the weddings of two of Barr's daughters

:sad20:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Senate approved Barr as AG, per WSJ.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Nothing to see here, doesn't quite fit the agenda and fantasy properly.

Move along......

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Witnessing so many judges being partisan, bias and blinders to the rule of law, its not surprising to see AG's might have a leash on, esp when the corruption is so entrenched all around. The market on controlling powerful people is nothing new. What if mueller isnt a black hat, what if he's been collecting evidence on the cabal. I dont trust either on their own but I do "Trust the Plan"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom