• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Right, but still hard to imagine in +10 years this has never been brought up before, to even include getting licensed to run a home daycare.

I'm all for some conversation but isn't his question better suited for his wife to ask the MD daycare people? I assume her name would be on the MD Daycare license you hang up?

I, too, suggested higher authorities (specifically, COMAR). Conversation does not hurt and just because it wasn't addressed before on the forums, sure doesn't invalidate it.

I can say this, while COMAR lists things rather clearly, there is a substantial amount of grey area. It is sickening. COMAR lists a few reasons one daycare property would need a fence. Water hazard or high traffic area two of them. What is a water hazard (pool, pond, fountain, ditch that fills with water after heavy rains, creek)? What is high traffic (speed limit, vehicle count threshold, roadway design considerations)? In these cases, a fence is required. It does not specify the fence, however. Wood, vinyl or metal? Height? Transparency? Locks?

When you try to define something this big (like operating a daycare in MD or traffic law) you create more questions than you can answer. You are to notify the owner or police if you hit a "domesticated" animal. What is domesticated? Transportation articles do not define. One goose could be a therapy goose, the other could be a shitbird. Traffic example showing it is widespread issue of sorts.

This particular subject could be very useful for not only the OP but others on the forum.

Please report back OP. It is always a pleasure when these issues/concerns/questions are addressed and reported back on.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    For what its worth, when a Day Care Home receives notice of suspension or revocation, an appeal can be filed with the Office Of Administrative Hearings (OAH). There have been several such appeals relating to firearms in years past. If recollection serves me, the decisions have been in conformity with the COMAR cited in several above posts, as long as the firearms are secured & inaccessible. Also, firearms are considered weapons, not a separate category. The OAH Library can assist with a search of such cases, and I think its free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom