• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    How many members does MSI have? How many active users does this forum have? Maybe it's not something that should be advertised, I don't know. How many members does it take before they take notice in Annapolis? I'm guessing most people that respond to the urgent action alerts are already MSI members.
    I'm going to attend my first political fund raiser this year and will probably contribute to his campaign. Not sure how much that will help but I think I will sign up to make phone calls as well. Voting obviously hasn't been enough.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Or maybe I should register as a democrat and vote against the incumbents in the primaries.

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 14.45.36.jpg

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    How many members does MSI have? How many active users does this forum have? Maybe it's not something that should be advertised, I don't know. How many members does it take before they take notice in Annapolis? I'm guessing most people that respond to the urgent action alerts are already MSI members.
    I'm going to attend my first political fund raiser this year and will probably contribute to his campaign. Not sure how much that will help but I think I will sign up to make phone calls as well. Voting obviously hasn't been enough.

That will make a difference with that candidate. Get to know him/her personally. When you contribute, you gain access for your concerns. That's the reality. And yes, that's legal.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    MDShooters has over 24,000 members. You might not think so if you visit Annapolis when the legislature is in session.

I don't know about MSI, but looking at things like turnout at meetings and volunteering, seems like about 50.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    MDShooters has over 24,000 members. You might not think so if you visit Annapolis when the legislature is in session.

I don't know about MSI, but looking at things like turnout at meetings and volunteering, seems like about 50.

MSI in fact has over 1000 paying members and over 10,000 folks on our subscriber list. Our emails are then linked to AGC's member list, which is also 10,000. As to volunteers, you are right, we need more folks to step up and help. It is actually fun and you get into the gun shows free when you volunteer.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    ...How many members does it take before they take notice in Annapolis?

There is no number that big.

Partei über Land

QFT. We had over 2,000 folks on the bricks and in the halls in 2013, and it didn't really change anyone's vote.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    QFT. We had over 2,000 folks on the bricks and in the halls in 2013, and it didn't really change anyone's vote.

I believe it was in the range of 4,000. Fire Marshal ordered the building closed to further entry when we exceeded the maximum capacity.

That level of turnout was absolutely unprecedented, and never exceeded since.

I think the general calculus of mail vs voters is about 1 to 10. Showing up in person must be around 1 to 100.

While 400,000 voters is nothing to sneeze at, there's about 3,430,000 registered voters in the state. About 2,737,000 actually voted, an 80% turnout. Surprisingly high, due to the Trump effect.
    Trump did get 34% of the vote, so it would seem Dems and Reps turned out in equal proportions.

That said, 2A supporters (the assumed 400,000) comprise about 12% of the total, a not insignificant number.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    That will make a difference with that candidate. Get to know him/her personally. When you contribute, you gain access for your concerns. That's the reality. And yes, that's legal.

This, this, this... a thousand times this. When another forum member and I became the some of the most active volunteers in a local candidates campaign, we were able to show him the way to full support of the Second. He thought we were complete gun nut crazies but we changed his mind through hours of hard work, patient and rational discussion, and our personal examples of putting in the sweat and toil for a cause we believed in.

There is no experience quite as joyful as helping a political candidate assemble his very first AR 15 from a stripped receiver and a LPK.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Invite candidates in your district to the house for a chat. Get to know them one-on-one, and be willing to "interview" them.

I did this in '14, and got to know several fairly well. Funny thing, the ones who don't want us to know what makes them tick didn't show.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I send out a survey style form to members of my gun slun each year asking what district they live in. They can choose to respond anonymously and I send an email to all of their reps letting them know how we feel. I also call and try to speak with my own reps individually. Since bonny zirkin is my state senator, I try very hard to speak to him personally or at least say my peice to one of his staff. He is the head of the juduciary committee and his vote in committee has been crucial the past few years. I'm certain that my calls and emails have had an effect on some of the politicians. At the very least, they learn that we are out there and that not everyone in this state is a brain dead lib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom