• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Thanks for that, I checked it out and put it on the list.

Despite being heavy the SKS is looking like a good choice. I had been leaning towards it, started this thread to see what other choices there are in the sub $1k.

Be careful with the SKS. There are aftermarket magazines for it, but they are not legal in Maryland, no matter where you buy them. The exception is for an SKS that was originally configured with a removable magazine. You will see the ten round ones at places like Bass Pro, but resist the temptation?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Be careful with the SKS. There are aftermarket magazines for it, but they are not legal in Maryland, no matter where you buy them. The exception is for an SKS that was originally configured with a removable magazine. You will see the ten round ones at places like Bass Pro, but resist the temptation?

Aren't those factory detachable mag SKS rifles also illegal? I believe the ban list just says SKS with detachable mag.

LibertyGun

May 19, 2014
    District 14, PRM

Yeah, that's a good point with confusing nonsensical bans. I think I'm flip-flopping and going with the mini-30 and an Stoner AR 7.62 upper although it is hard to tell, is it Md legal for me to take my HBAR Md compliant AR-15 and put a different upper on it like the 7.62?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Buy one or two VZ58s from Duffys or Engage while you can. Fantastic operating system, lighter than an AK.

Configurations include black poly, beaver barf bakelite and folding. Calibers include 7.62x39 and 5.56x45

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Do you mean Engage Armament in Rockville?
    He does mean that Engage (and he's someone who's advice I trust - a VZ-58 has more appeal to me than a Mini-30 - then again, I sold my Mini-14 not long back). They've got an amazing array of toys. I also need to make it out to Duffy's one of these days.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom