• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I'm not telling anyone to admit or deny having guns. I will say that when you ask someone a question and their reply is a purposeful way of not answering the question, it shows. Any cop worth his salt will start trying to figure out what you are hiding.

whitey09

Sep 17, 2016
    Whats the point of having the officer playing a guessing game? Just tell him what you have, and if its legal, your fine. If its illegal, he/she may let you off with a warning. If you play the 'nothing illegal here' game and they find a illegal move on your part, youre bound to get a fine/ticket/hand cuffs.

no regerts

Whats the point of having the officer playing a guessing game? Just tell him what you have, and if its legal, your fine. If its illegal, he/she may let you off with a warning. If you play the 'nothing illegal here' game and they find a illegal move on your part, youre bound to get a fine/ticket/hand cuffs.

no regerts
    Lol WTF are you smoking?? You NEVER tell a MD cop that you have a gun in your vehicle. Even if what you have is legal, they can and WILL arrest you if they think it is illegal. The majority of MD police officers don't know shit about gun laws.

Even if they don't arrest you, you could be stuck on the side of the road for an hour or more while they try to sort it.

"If its illegal, he/she may let you off with a warning" again WTF are you smoking? Do you know what state you live in?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

whitey09

Sep 17, 2016
    Lol WTF are you smoking?? You NEVER tell a MD cop that you have a gun in your vehicle. Even if what you have is legal, they can and WILL arrest you if they think it is illegal. The majority of MD police officers don't know shit about gun laws.

Even if they don't arrest you, you could be stuck on the side of the road for an hour or more while they try to sort it.

"If its illegal, he/she may let you off with a warning" again WTF are you smoking? Do you know what state you live in?

Im pretty sure I know where im at, i dont smoke, and for the record, ive been pulled over with a shotgun in the back seat with shells sitting with it. This is post 9/11. This is also with night vision goggles in the trunk, two glass bowls, which was used for salvia, which was in my glove box, and an alabama expired license plate in the trunk. I told the officer everything I had, minus the tag, which had been back there for a few months and I had forgotten about it. He searched my car, found everything I told him about, in the locations that I told him. He thanked me for being honest with him and straight forward. Told me to put either the shells in the trunk or the gun in the trunk and gave me a warning for not having a front tag. He confiscated the alabama tag. I was 20 or 21 years old, driving a honda civic with a turbo and fart can exhaust.

So explain to me again how I went wrong with telling an officer what was in the car? As far as im concerned, if you dont play stupid games, you dont win stupid prizes.

no regerts

Last edited:

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I've lived in MD for over 40 years. I was never asked if I had firearms in my car. I was rarely pulled over. When I was it was because I was speeding, or the lights on my trailer had gone out. There you go two examples. Don't speed. Make sure your vehicle does not attract attention. Keep your firearms out of sight when you're going two and from the range. We are not at war with the police. They are not out to get us.

Im pretty sure I know where im at, i dont smoke, and for the record, ive been pulled over with a shotgun in the back seat with shells sitting with it. This is post 9/11. This is also with night vision goggles in the trunk, two glass bowls, which was used for salvia, which was in my glove box, and an alabama expired license plate in the trunk. I told the officer everything I had, minus the tag, which had been back there for a few months and I had forgotten about it. He searched my car, found everything I told him about, in the locations that I told him. He thanked me for being honest with him and straight forward. Told me to put either the shells in the trunk or the gun in the trunk and gave me a warning for not having a front tag. He confiscated the alabama tag. I was 20 or 21 years old, driving a honda civic with a turbo and fart can exhaust.

So explain to me again how I went wrong with telling an officer what was in the car? As far as im concerned, if you dont play stupid games, you dont win stupid prizes.

no regerts

You have no legal obligation to tell the officer what you have in your car. By telling them you have a firearm, you are giving him probable cause to search your vehicle. You are putting yourself in a risky situation. Most cops are good but there are some that are out to get you.

Jack anthwerpen(owns local car dealerships) was recently arrested for having unregistered firearms. He had the firearms in his sailboat in a safe. He sailed up to NY and was stopped by the coast Guard for a safety inspection. The coast Guard asked him if he had any firearms on board, he said yes. He opened the safe for them.

Coast Guard called NYPD and they came out and arrested him.

whitey09

Sep 17, 2016
    You have no legal obligation to tell the officer what you have in your car. By telling them you have a firearm, you are giving him probable cause to search your vehicle. You are putting yourself in a risky situation. Most cops are good but there are some that are out to get you.

Jack anthwerpen(owns local car dealerships) was recently arrested for having unregistered firearms. He had the firearms in his sailboat in a safe. He sailed up to NY and was stopped by the coast Guard for a safety inspection. The coast Guard asked him if he had any firearms on board, he said yes. He opened the safe for them.

Coast Guard called NYPD and they came out and arrested him.

No legal obligation to do anything but pay taxes. If you are hiding something, then hide it and hope to not get caught. If you arent doing anything illegal, and you play games, you better hope you know the law, or else you will get caught up in some stupid stipulation. These same people get pissed off when that happens, post up a youtube video, and cry about injustice. Cops have enough BS to deal with already, dont give them a reason to be a prick.

no regerts

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Should he have denied it to the coast guard ?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I didn't say to say no. You could just say that you have nothing illegal or just not answer at all.

So you try to play your cutesy 'I have nothing illegal' game and the 21 year old kid in the orange drysuit just repeats his question 'Do you have any firearms on board ?'

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Just answer the questions when asked...

Attachments

• HSCnoevil.jpg
      HSCnoevil.jpg
      29.2 KB · Views: 572

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

So, so, so, so, so much truth in this post it was worth repeating. Please people, read this. Write it down 5 times sounding out each word as you do so you never, ever forget the truths above.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    No legal obligation to do anything but pay taxes. If you are hiding something, then hide it and hope to not get caught. If you arent doing anything illegal, and you play games, you better hope you know the law, or else you will get caught up in some stupid stipulation. These same people get pissed off when that happens, post up a youtube video, and cry about injustice. Cops have enough BS to deal with already, dont give them a reason to be a prick.

no regerts
    Is the "no regerts" part of your signature? If so it is misspelled and you may want to correct it. Should be "no regrets".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom