• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Special Thanks to the Democrats for Alienating the 40% of Maryland - Gun Owners

I want to thank all of those people that supported or co-authored the FSA of 2013 (previously SB281) for motivating the electorate to vote for Hogan.

...and a special Thanks goes to Brian Frosh for being so underhanded that he really helped motivate us.

I'm not sure how Hogan will be on this matter (2A), but at least we got ourselves heard.

Edit / addendum:

Just to make sure everyone understands... the race was so close that alienating any group could have caused a loss. However, we are a large enough group to swing things.

Last edited:

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    I want to thank all of those people that supported or co-authored the FSA of 2013 (previously SB281) for motivating the electorate to vote for Hogan.

...and a special Thanks goes to Brian Frosh for being so underhanded that he really helped motivate us.

I'm note sure how Hogan will be on this matter (2A), but at least we got ourselves heard.

This is a very valid statement

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Is there going to be a state wide accounting of Anti Gun Politicians that were ousted. I know Mike Miller retained his State Senate seat in Calvert. :(

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    AMEN-588ddl.jpg

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County

I'm note sure how Hogan will be on this matter (2A), but at least we got ourselves heard.

Let's not kid ourselves. It was not SB281 that got Larry Hogan elected (otherwise Frosh would not have made it to be the AG). It was the deluge of taxes and the economy overall.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't think that SB281 had anything to do with the governorship this election.

Marylanders are being crushed with higher and higher taxes and fees. We are the laughing stock of the nation for absurd and over reaching taxation. In reality I believe this election was won on 2 reasons.

1) Taxes
    2) Brown

Brown has done a absolute terrible job, and that fact was incredibly easy to convey.

Hogan is going to have a difficult time, as the make up of MD houses an senate did not change all that much. I'm praying he doesn't not end up like Ehrlich.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't think that SB281 had anything to do with the governorship this election.

Marylanders are being crushed with higher and higher taxes and fees. We are the laughing stock of the nation for absurd and over reaching taxation. In reality I believe this election was won on 2 reasons.

1) Taxes
    2) Brown

Brown has done a absolute terrible job, and that fact was incredibly easy to convey.

Hogan is going to have a difficult time, as the make up of MD houses an senate did not change all that much. I'm praying he doesn't not end up like Ehrlich.

100% correct.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo

1) Taxes
    2) Brown

I disagree in part:

The race was SO close that it alienating gun owners absolutely cost the Democratic party the governor's seat in Maryland.

IF we had not gone out and voted for Hogan, he may not have been elected.

Plain and simple... it was that close.

And everyone I speak with that owns firearms went and voted... and even the democrats voted for Hogan.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Let's not kid ourselves. It was not SB281 that got Larry Hogan elected (otherwise Frosh would not have made it to be the AG). It was the deluge of taxes and the economy overall.
    It had some effect one would think. When you consider that Pritzker didn't really campaign but just put his name out there, Frosh didn't win big, especially given his name recognition amongst his lib base and the blue nature of this State.

SB281 had a huge effect on the business climate in this State. It's hard to reconcile a man who plays up his military BACKROUND who is also responsible for driving the company that makes the official sidearm for said military out of the state. Anti business and anti American all rolled into one action.

Had Brown been a little less tax crazy and actually supported his oath to the Constitution he probably would be in the Gov mansion now, but he provided the fodder against him.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I disagree in part:

The race was SO close that it alienating gun owners absolutely cost the Democratic party the governor's seat in Maryland.

And everyone I speak with that owns firearms went and voted... and even the democrats votes for Hogan.

The Frosh win disproves the whole alienating gun owners angle. If he was voted out it would make sense but he was the point man on SB281..the cheerleader...the gun owner's anti-christ.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Dems in this state were their own executioners. It was their election to lose.

Very surprising outcome.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County

1) Taxes
    2) Brown

I think you are mostly correct, but I have to think SB281 might have motivated some. Even if it's only a point worth of the difference, it's something.
    I believe it's a collection of the O'Malley/Brown body of work that did them in. That combined with a terribly negative campaign which did little to highlight anything Brown really wanted to accomplish.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I disagree in part:

And everyone I speak with that owns firearms went and voted... and even the democrats votes for Hogan.

Perhaps, but I just can't see 1.08% of the population making up the +4% margin, and I disagree with it being close.. Hogan won big IMO.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    The Frosh win disproves the whole alienating gun owners angle. If he was voted out it would make sense but he was the point man on SB281..the cheerleader...the gun owner's anti-christ.

This. Sure we helped but OMalley over taxing and running this state into the ground for 8 years is the reason Brown didn't win.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    That and his campaign sucked. Nobody I spoke with could articulate one single idea Brown had. Well, other than white people are the devil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom