• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I just call it the Firearms 'Safety' Act, and do air-quotes when speaking it aloud. This emphasizes that the 'safety' aspect was a fraud and the law was passed as a one-person beauty pageant to support O'Malley's presidential aspirations.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I just call it the Firearms 'Safety' Act, and do air-quotes when speaking it aloud. This emphasizes that the 'safety' aspect was a fraud and the law was passed as a one-person beauty pageant to support O'Malley's presidential aspirations.

Your air-quotes disappear in both audio and written transcripts. When Chris Plante does it on air, he explains what he's doing with his hands when he's doing it.

One could also preface it with, "so-called," or "misleadingly titled."

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    2A rights infringement. That is the name for this type of thing. That is all.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Since the passing of the Firearms Saftey Act of 2013 I am proud to report that not one of my firearms has run off and joined a street gang, so I guess thats something..of course I raised all my firearms well,and schooled them from an early age, so they are all well behaved.. the aformentioned street gangs, however, are still laying waste to your cities.....just thought you would like to know.

I thank the committee for their time.

:)

f..k the name... Make the case.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Seriously.

If thats what we are left with we have lost.

F.,k the name. call it the intolerable act if you want.

But its got an official name and we cant by pass that in briefs testimony or public advocacy.

Thats it.

Crazy thing happened tonight. I was at a Halloween party and I mentioned SB281, by SB281, and everybody knew what I was talking about.

As far as briefs are concerned, are they actually referring to FSA2013 in them or the specific statutes that are being argued about. Remember, there was a lot in SB281 that affected a lot of different statutes in different code sections.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Crazy thing happened tonight. I was at a Halloween party and I mentioned SB281, by SB281, and everybody knew what I was talking about.

As far as briefs are concerned, are they actually referring to FSA2013 in them or the specific statutes that are being argued about. Remember, there was a lot in SB281 that affected a lot of different statutes in different code sections.

Sure.. They who we have already reached.

What of all the rest..

Now my larger point is that, as i did above, you can draw attention of the absurdatiy of the orwellian title and coopt the entire issue...or waste valuable time in committee argueing over the name.

Your choice of course..:-)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Sure.. They who we have already reached.

What of all the rest..

Now my larger point is that, as i did above, you can draw attention of the absurdatiy of the orwellian title and coopt the entire issue...or waste valuable time in committee argueing over the name.

Your choice of course..:-)

When you say committee, what committee are you speaking about? Are you talking about the Judiciary Committee or another committee of the General Assembly, or merely about discussing the matter with a group of people in "committee".

Now, if I am in front of a bunch of people, would it really matter if I said:

The Firearms Safety Act of 2013 prevents .....

versus

The extensive gun control laws they passed in 2013 prevents ........

I doubt many people would even know what the Firearm Safety Act of 2013 actually is. The people in "committee" merely know that some gun control act was passed in 2013, if they even know that. So, why even allude to it being a "safety" act?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    When you say committee, what committee are you speaking about? Are you talking about the Judiciary Committee or another committee of the General Assembly, or merely about discussing the matter with a group of people in "committee".

Now, if I am in front of a bunch of people, would it really matter if I said:

The Firearms Safety Act of 2013 prevents .....

versus

The extensive gun control laws they passed in 2013 prevents ........

I doubt many people would even know what the Firearm Safety Act of 2013 actually is. The people in "committee" merely know that some gun control act was passed in 2013, if they even know that. So, why even allude to it being a "safety" act?

My point is that we don't need to fixate on the name. At all. You can call it anything you want. ...without having your message lost.

I am not saying we must use FSA2013. I am saying that doing so does not make you a pawn of the Governor.

When I say f,,k the name make the case, that's what I mean. Above is just an example.

Likewise there are other good ideas here.

But when you bend over double good backwards to a void a loaded term...you waste time, and energy. And sometimes you draw more attention to what you should be avoiding..

For example ...modern sporting riles vs assault weapons vs personal defense weapons.

Now modern sporting rifles are banned for hunting in many states..the term sporting rifles points thst that out in an effort to avoid assault weapons...but it does not work anyway.

I prefer personal defense weapons..but nra has declared fatwah against the w-word .

In the end we chase our own tail and fool no one.

F,,k the name make the case.

Except in official coresponance or testimony... then co-opt the name and hijack the agenda....if you can...and it is possible.

So use any name you wish, the case is more important.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Calling it the Firearms Safety Act of 2013 and then explaining that absolutely nothing in the act contributes to the safety of our citizens is a wonderful thing for us. SB281 is just some meaningless combination of letters and numbers.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I call it the criminal safety act of 2014. It protects more criminals than any other bill. ��

Oh man, I like and may just 'run' with that!

Can't wait to drop ". . . the MD Felons' Succor Act of 2013 . . ." and watch the faces of the libtards I come into contact with on at least a weekly basis and who support(ed) the travesty (even if they were not in any office that allowed them to vote in it)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom