• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Even if MD was shall issue every shooting would be billed for murder and many gun owners would support the charges, after all you should NEVER use you gun, just dial 911when you have a gun you should run away. Therefore no one should carry except the handicapped and elderly who don't have obamaphones.

Pretty hard to run away when one is cornered, and that is a pretty good time to use a firearm in self defense. Also, seeing a gun in the "assailant's" hand is also another good time to use a gun in self defense.

Now, shooting somebody because you MIGHT get punched while you are NOT cornered has a lot more gray in it. A lot of people don't understand gray areas.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    What?! New Jersey Tags? Unpossible. They have strict gun laws in New Jersey which stops all bad guys from acquiring and using firearms for heinous crimes. Fake!

The news reporter said the Jeep Liberty with the New Jersey tags might have been a witness to the crime. I did not read the article, so maybe the written type is different than the oral newscast.

If they are as accurate about the blue Jeep Liberty with New Jersey tags as they were about the DC Snipers using a white box truck, this case will take quite a while to solve.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Cant md business owners have a gun on there property??

YES, no permit required; it is just like keping guns in your home, or on your property.

yes they can... but doubt the person at the gas station was the owner.

Makes no difference.

believe only the owner or supervisor/manager has the legal rights. leaving it at the store for anybody to use is grey area

and this is exxon station.. so another company rules apply also.

No gray area, if there was a gun there it would have been perfectly legal and he could have used it.

He should of at least had the chance to try, couldn't agree more.

Agree.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So glad to hear this.

Wow, Count One is "First Degree Murder, Second Degree Murder, and Manslaughter." Why? So he can be convicted of lesser offenses if Murder One doesn't work? In the military under UCMJ, you can be convicted of lesser included offenses without being specifically charged...

Also, as far as carrying a handgun while at work... Doesn't the law in Maryland allow that only for "supervisors," and if the owner authorizes it? Would a lone night clerk be considered a "supervisor"?

willyb

Sep 15, 2009
    glen burnie, md
    my wife and her cousin used to live in the exact same apartment complex. and my mother in law lives in the 600 block of Pamela rd.

apparently, this guy has a rap sheet that includes assault, theft, trespassing, posseion of weapons, and possession of drugs. so the big question is why is he even on the streets to begin with? maybe if the victim's family were able to sue the judges and DA's who give light sentences or pbj's, people like this wouldn't be around to commit such acts

Mr H

Banana'd
    my wife and her cousin used to live in the exact same apartment complex. and my mother in law lives in the 600 block of Pamela rd.

apparently, this guy has a rap sheet that includes assault, theft, trespassing, posseion of weapons, and possession of drugs. so the big question is why is he even on the streets to begin with? maybe if the victim's family were able to sue the judges and DA's who give light sentences or pbj's, people like this wouldn't be around to commit such acts

I'm at the exact opposite end of the street of this scumsucker, and I'm not happy he wasn't picked up long before this.

This is a good neighborhood... but the human bipedal detritus that passes through is an affront to many of our community's sensibilities.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    I'm at the exact opposite end of the street of this scumsucker, and I'm not happy he wasn't picked up long before this.

This is a good neighborhood... but the human bipedal detritus that passes through is an affront to many of our community's sensibilities.

Less than a mile from my in-laws, too. I'd love to see the trash cleaned up around there, they've already had a break-in and I don't want to see any thing else happen.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Even if md was a shall issue state it would not have made a difference in this case. Dont use a senseless crime like this to further a agenda. This guy was in his business or working in a business so he could have been armed with or without md being a shall issue state. Bless his family during this time

Nonsense. First only the owner can be armed. Unless authorized by the owner.
    Second ccw is a deterent to crime generally thus all crime.

Third I will use everything and everything to advance my agenda.

That is all.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    :D
    Company/owner policy may have prevented this man (RIP) from being armed but there aren't any laws that do.

Open carry, concealed carry, pistol, rifle, shotgun; doesn't matter as long as he is on that property (obviously legality of the gun itself must be followed, no SBR without stamps and so on).

Any idea how he can transport the gun to his place of work legally if a hand gun?

Perhaps FOPA if he lives out of state ?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    You can transport a handgun legally while in route to any legal place you can have your handgun. Taking your gun to the range and taking it to work is the same thing.

Not as MD law is written. Under fopa that's correct.

Md has a general ban on transport with listed exceptions. I do not recall work as one of those exceptions but I could be wrong..

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    It would appear he would need to have been considered a "Supervisory" employee and been authorized by the owner. I never noticed the "and" before.

§4–203.(B)
    (6) the wearing, carrying, or transporting of a handgun by a person on real estate that the person owns or leases or where the person resides or within the confines of a business establishment that the person owns or leases;

(7) the wearing, carrying, or transporting of a handgun by a supervisory employee:

(i) in the course of employment;

(ii) within the confines of the business establishment in which the supervisory employee is employed; and

(iii) when so authorized by the owner or manager of the business establishment;

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom