Westminster USA
    Go to the funeral home or cemetery and wait. It will be forwarded to you

Efficiency MD style.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don't think anyone on this board and certainly no one that I have met doesn't think that JJ has been and will continue to be a warrior for the 2A. His legislation tracker as has been stated before is excellent and I have seen him working tirelessly in Naptown during the session.

However, we call out the NRA and Wayne LaPierre and others when they make mistakes and/or take a position that is contrary to protecting the 2A (bumpstocks, red flag, etc...), but, at least in most cases, still support them and I see no difference at the local level.

The thread in question was started because of an email that was sent out when JJ was still the legislative liason with AGC in which he excoriated those of us who attend the board meetings for our "treatment" of certain board members. Board members who were (and still are to the best of my knowledge) certified instructors who continually voted to sustain the decision of the Secretary. I'm not sure how criticism of their votes was mistreatment. There were some anecdotal reports of vandalism to the property of these members which was thoroughly condemned here, at least by the vast majority of those who regularly attend the meetings and were the subject of the email.

Public figures are going to get criticized, it's happened since the dawn of time, but as long as it ends with words, spoken or printed, it can be healthy and productive as we have seen over time. There is nothing wrong with correcting our own when they have gone astray.

So yes, the next time I run in to JJ I am going to shake his hand and thank him for all he does and will continue to do to protect and defend the 2A in our once great state.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You are correct it was an email that was sent out via the AGC mailing list and I reposted it because of its public and accusatory nature.

I stand corrected that John posted the story here directly. Doing so via the email blast was even more public than just posting it here himself.

The facts don’t change He publicly accused a group of harassment based on second hand info that he did not witness himself.

Bad form no matter the method of transmission

Just my .02
    YMMV

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The facts of the post are unchanged and IMO a cheap shot. I apologize for the error in saying he posted it here himself. It was me and again I apologize for my error My memory is not what it used to be.

Thanks to Stove for jogging my memory

The beating of the horse is now finished by me

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    John Josselyn is a friend of mine. I don’t agree with everything that comes out of his mouth, but it’s hard to deny that he has more institutional knowledge than most. He has been a tireless 2A advocate, and has sacrificed a tremendous amount of personal time over decades.

While we don’t all have to like each other, we SHOULD try to overlook differences as we work toward a common goal.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Agreed Doc.

No one has disparaged his contributions to the 2A here.

Only the choice he made in the way he expressed his accusatory opinion in a public manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom