• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Holy Cow I didn't expect this to be a problem. I have no doubt MSI does good things for us and is why I was directing a few of my friends in their direction.

First, I have given to non-profits only to realize my money had gone to waste or was abused. Wounded Warrior Project comes to mind but they were able to right the ship after getting rid of a few of their higher ups. Nevertheless, it left a bad taste in my mouth. There are thousands of non-profits and some are honest while others are shams. My friends are pro 2A but disenfranchised by the NRA (not because of bump stocks.) We were discussing end of the year tax right offs or lack there of due to the new tax laws. Some were looking for 501(c)(3) organizations but we know many of those former write-offs are gone depending on income levels. Anyway, I was directing them to MSI, if they were in the giving mood, but they wanted to make sure their money was going to a reputable organization. They are pro-2a but they aren't going to come on here or go to a picket or anything like that but they will donate money to a organization if they know the money is going to be used for the cause and used wisely. Just saying, "Hey we are a good organization, trust me" isn't enough for some people.

Sorry I caused such consternation. I was just trying to expand MSIs "customer base" so to speak. I thought if I could get them some financial information they might be more inclined to give to them. I know a lot of people who won't give to any organization without checking charitynavigator.org first.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    question asked and answered.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads