• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straightravage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2017
    Hello, I was wondering what the laws were for selling AR pistols private party.

Is it possible to separate the AR pistol and sell the upper and lowers separately?

Will the lower have to go through an FFL for private sale of the lower?

Thanks in advance.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hello, I was wondering what the laws were for selling AR pistols private party.

Is it possible to separate the AR pistol and sell the upper and lowers separately?

Will the lower have to go through an FFL for private sale of the lower?

Thanks in advance.

LOWER still has to go through FFL

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Another bit of food for thought. If the AR Pistol is on MD's Handgun Roster then it does not need to be broken down to sell but still has to go through an FFL and will buyer will need an HQL since its a pistol.

If it isn't on the roster then it has to be broken down, the lower goes through an FFL and the buyer will not need an HQL since its a AR lower.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Yes.

It dies not matter how it is described when it is sold. Only what it is. (In this case, a lower receiver that was built into a pistol before a rifle)
    I am not so sure about that. Throw on a stock and HBAR upper is it now not just simply a long-arm in MD?

ETA: Actually, note the word "remade" in the definition of a rifle.
    Rifle
    (1) "Rifle" means a weapon that is designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder; and
    (2) Designed or redesigned, and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed Metallic Cartridge to fire only a single Projectile through a Rifled Bore for each single pull of the Trigger.

So then the question to me is "is a stripped lower a regulated firearm under Maryland law". I am not convinced. Yes, I know that's how it's currently being "interpreted", but... I suppose a stripped upper is easily concealable on your person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom