• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    DD214 said:
    I am especially interested in why the NRA is leaving us out in the cold. From what you learned, do you believe that the NRA's reasons are legitamate, or should I start writting nasty letters to them and withholding donations?

There are a couple of tales making the circuit, depending on who you believe:

1. The local NRA rep is working against some of the bill because the sponsor, Don Dwyer, defeated her father in an election. The folks in Fairfax have yet to respond to this but it is suspicious that the local rep is working against the national folks' statement that CCW is their highest priority.

2. Ehrlich doesn't want to be pressed this year because of the election. A valid point in my opinion as we would rather see him get re-elected and help us make some real changes in his second term. Trouble is that he is unlikely to be re-elected regardless of what he does.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Norton said:
    Trouble is that he is unlikely to be re-elected regardless of what he does.

I'm curious as to why you say this. As I understand it his opponent is likely to be either Martin O'Malley or Doug Duncan. I don't think even the people of Baltimore would elect O'Malley inspite of his self-promotion. Duncan is basically just a typical Mo. county executive. Other than the fact they are Democrats and can count on the typical Democrat procedures in Maryland to get out the vote, ( ie. "Bring out your dead!", deny absentee ballots and give ballots to inmates ) I don't see that Erlich faces any more opposition than he originally did.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    K31,

Just to be clear, I'm an Ehrlich supporter and would love nothing more than to see him re-elected. It's not even that I think that MD'ers would vote for MOM or DD....it's that they would be voting against Ehrlich. The Montgomery and Prince George's folks are getting all geared up to work against BE.

With us over here in AA, we don't see the opposition to BE as much as over near DC.

I'd love to be proven wrong in my assessment come November.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Norton said:
    K31,

Just to be clear, I'm an Ehrlich supporter and would love nothing more than to see him re-elected. It's not even that I think that MD'ers would vote for MOM or DD....it's that they would be voting against Ehrlich. The Montgomery and Prince George's folks are getting all geared up to work against BE.

With us over here in AA, we don't see the opposition to BE as much as over near DC.

I'd love to be proven wrong in my assessment come November.

I think we're both on the same page here. I just thought there might be some new contender or something.

The last time around I can remember being shocked by all the Erlich signs I saw and absense of KKT signs. And I have to drive through PG to get to work every day.

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    Thanks for coming Novus I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yes when speaking about the gun group devision it was mainly Purtilo and his squirral talk site bashing MSI but I've also heard Sandy Abrams is trying to lock MSI out of the local gunshows. I went to the last MSI meeting in Thurmont and most of the meeting was about the infighting between gun groups. This must stopif we are expecting to push pro-gun issues. We are all on the same side so I don't get it unless groups are fighting to be the big dick on campus. That is why I've been helping Mike out with Shoe Leather for Shall Issue, he does not seen to care if we get any credit at all, just as long as we can get our issues past.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Norton said:
    Very nice.....funny thing though about stickers on cars. I kinda figure that what side of the car you put the sticker on is based on what side most people are likely to see. I guess you spend a lot of time in the left lane :rasp:

A VW owner.....Passats are a gas to drive and one of the few cars I actually feel comfortable in.

Question: Did you take your Passat lettering off or did someone swipe it? We had a cop banging on our door on a Sunday morning about a year ago because they caught a kid going around prying the letters off of VWs :sad20:

yup, i removed the lettering myself, and painted in the black plastic on the rear \X/ emblem and about a million other things to make her mo betta

and yes, my car lives in the left lane :outta her
    also notice the sticker is on the back of the car :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom