• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    How can you find out if a class 3 rifle is/ was reg before 1968. Say if the paperwork was lost by an older spouce or family member or was lost in a fire?Any palce to check online or do you need to call LOE or ATF? Thanks. Doug.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    How can you find out if a class 3 rifle is/ was reg before 1968. Say if the paperwork was lost by an older spouce or family member or was lost in a fire?Any palce to check online or do you need to call LOE or ATF? Thanks. Doug.

Gotta call ATF and hope it's registered. If it is they should be able to mail you a copy of the form 1 or 4. They may want the name of who the gun should be registered to. If it's not registered you should be ready to surrender it to local LEO's or ATF officers.

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    Thats what i thought,I dont own one but if I found one I would hope it was ,with papers.I am sure if you gave them a ser # and it was a class 3 and not on the list the questions would come fast and often. I saw a post on a board about how a guy who had one a hand no papers but thought it did at one time,was his dads. He gota copy from the LEO were the gun was reg and got legal papers for it. Thanks. Doug.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    if you find one and dont have any possible way od gettin papers... keep it hush hush

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    Yea I know about the jail and fines dont want that at all. Going to York this weekend just dont know what day. Doug.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    yeah, its a shitty situation, because the papers, being tax information, are very hard to get a hold of if you don't already have them, although I believe it can be tracked down if you inherit the firearm, but only by letting the ATF know it exists, leaving your ability to gain control of it entirely in their hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom