• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm looking for a compact first aid kit to take cycling with me.

I want it to be no more than say 4x6x2.

Most of the ones on Amazon seem to be for boo boos, with a buttload of bandaids and not much else. Or they have faux "survival" crapola.

While I'm not looking for a trama kit or EMT bag I would like something that has the essentials to stop more than scratches from bleeding, simple tools, and maybe a triangle bandage.

I would put together my own, but it seems simpler and less time consuming to buy one and add what I need.

Thanks.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I'm looking for a compact first aid kit to take cycling with me.

I want it to be no more than say 4x6x2.

Most of the ones on Amazon seem to be for boo boos, with a buttload of bandaids and not much else. Or they have faux "survival" crapola.

While I'm not looking for a trama kit or EMT bag I would like something that has the essentials to stop more than scratches from bleeding, simple tools, and maybe a triangle bandage.

I would put together my own, but it seems simpler and less time consuming to buy one and add what I need.

Thanks.

Medical Gear Outfitters has small kits that are 4x6. Skinny medic is a good guy and is my first choice for med gear.

https://shop.skinnymedic.com/main.sc

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    A reputable place to also look is Dark Angel Medical. If you know what each tool does in a kit and how to use it, you can easily roll your own, or get a kit that prioritizes what you want.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    K31 captured on the road.

k31.jpg

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    have you seen these: https://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Medical-Kits-Professional-Hemostatic/dp/B003BS2PW4/

I just measured one at 5.5 x 4.5 x 1.75 when packed as small as it'll go (still sealed). The larger advertised dimensions are of the unfolded packaging.

I take one of these to the range (probably time to replace it). Although I wouldn't mind having one with me, it would take up most of the space I have allocated. I have seen a couple people taken off of bike trails on stretchers but I'm thinking somewhere greater than but equal to boo boo but less than gutshot.

Last edited:

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    4" gauze pads in ziplock bag and some Gorilla tape. Throw in a couple alcohol pads. That will take care of 95% of your needs. The other 5% will be administered by EMT's.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    4" gauze pads in ziplock bag and some Gorilla tape. Throw in a couple alcohol pads. That will take care of 95% of your needs. The other 5% will be administered by EMT's.

Seriously, duct tape came to my mind as well when I was beginning to read this thread. Pretty simple; and gauze bandages complete it.

Plus you can fix a lot of stuff with 100mph tape while on the road. Dual purpose it is....

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    My backpacking kit consists of:
    12 bandaids
    4 4x4 gauze pads
    4 Alcohol wipes
    1 Neosporin tube, small
    3' of Leukotape wrapped on a piece of plastic straw. This stuff sticks to anything and is far better than standard tape.
    1 Safety pin
    1 Tweezers
    1 Pair of Gloves

Also carried but not in the kit is a bandana (good for larger wounds)
    Pain meds

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Seriously, duct tape came to my mind as well when I was beginning to read this thread. Pretty simple; and gauze bandages complete it.

Plus you can fix a lot of stuff with 100mph tape while on the road. Dual purpose it is....

Yeah, I think the Duck tape wrapped around something to reduce size is something I'm going to include.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My backpacking kit consists of:
    12 bandaids
    4 4x4 gauze pads
    4 Alcohol wipes
    1 Neosporin tube, small

I've got a bunch of one shot triple antibiotic packets I bought on Amazon. I think they would work better since you don't risk adulterating the whole thing.

3' of Leukotape wrapped on a piece of plastic straw. This stuff sticks to anything and is far better than standard tape.
    1 Safety pin

I was thinking of several of these, they're small and if butterfly closures couldn't stop something...

1 Tweezers
    1 Pair of Gloves

Also carried but not in the kit is a bandana (good for larger wounds)
    Pain meds

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I bought a GSW kit from OLM-Medic. Hit him up and see if he can put something together for you.

Thanks but I'm not making anything at the moment.

I'll still answer any questions and give advice for building a kit though.

For the OP's situation I'd include the life saving items of Combat Tourniquet, Quick Clot gauze, and either a israeli style emergency bandage or some 4x4 gauze and gauze roll, duck tape as mentioned
    with a small bag of booboo items more likely to be used while biking, bandaids and eye wash (doubles to clean wounds) or something.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Yeah, I think the Duck tape wrapped around something to reduce size is something I'm going to include.

Duct tape isn't worth a hoot for taping skin. Leukotape is used in sports and is designed for staying under extreme use. I use it for blister prevention. One patch of LT over a hotspot on your foot will prevent a blister.

Here's a short article that shows how to cut strips of LT and store it. Never thought of doing this, seems like a great idea.

https://sectionhiker.com/leukotape-blister-prevention-tape-for-running-and-hiking/

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Am I overlooking somthing ? Unless you are riding thru the 'hood in west Baltimore or SE DC , is there really much need for GSW treatments for bicycling ?

Quick Clot is nothing more than gauze impregnated with kaolin clay (mud mask powder)
    I can make everyone sterile quick clots for <$1 each. The ones I make will require adding the clay powder to the gauze just before applying, but they will be 1/10 the price; adding 2-3 seconds to application time.
    If I can move 20+ of these, I will source the kaolin clay and vials and fire up the lab's autoclave to confirm sterility.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I got mine at Bass Pro , i believe i picked it up in the camping section (may have been boating section) It comes out to the dimensions you have ask for . I did add some other things to it for hiking , but it seemed pretty complete .I forget the name brand as it is at home right now .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom