• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Apparently I was two seats out of camera range , with AOB , next to me, and Dblason far side m on edge of camera.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Did anything happen with this? Any decisions? Or was this just a chance for people to discuss it? I was hoping it would just get withdrawn because it's a stupid bill.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw in another thread that it was withdrawn. YES!

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I was in the hall in charge of donut holes.:sad20:

Folks, thank Big City, Jimboy, and Qwertee123 for graciously giving up theirs seats to get MSI’s Mark Pennak, MSPRA’s Mike Doherty and veteran advocate John Josselyn into the hearing room at the start of proceedings.

Once again the shrieking gals occupied so many seats that it was hard to get our people into the room, so our hats are off to our selfless Patriots like BigCity, JimBoy and Qwertee123 for making sure our Big Dogs could be in the chairs from the outset of the fight.

Thanks to our guys for putting their faith in me to manage these swap-outs for The Good Guys Team.

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Folks, thank Big City, Jimboy, and Quertee123 for graciously giving up theirs seats to get MSI’s Mark Pennak, MSPRA Mike Doherty and veteran advocate John Josselyn into the hearing room at the start of proceedings.

Once again the shrieking gals occupied so many seats that it was hard to get our people into the room, so our hats are off to our selfless Patriots like BigCity, JimBoy and Qwertee123 for making sure our Big Dogs could be in the chairs from the outset of the fight.

Thanks to our guys for putting their faith in me to manage these swap-outs for The Good Guys Team.

Rack - thanks for doing that, we all appreciated the assist from the group!

In the Senate, it really doesn't matter since we can, unless the crowd is too loud, hear the hearing in the hallway due to the speakers in the ceiling. The House does not have the speakers, so being in the hallway can be an issue on days, like yesterday, when the feed is both 2 minutes behind real-time and very low in volume, thus preventing watching online and monitoring the hearing.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

In the Senate, it really doesn't matter since we can, unless the crowd is too loud, hear the hearing in the hallway due to the speakers in the ceiling. The House does not have the speakers, so being in the hallway can be an issue on days, like yesterday, when the feed is both 2 minutes behind real-time and very low in volume, thus preventing watching online and monitoring the hearing.

It just not good to try to have to rely on a delayed lobby speaker system or worse, no feed at all, especially at the beginning when the lobby was jam-packed with cackling hens in red shirts making WAY too much noise. We need team leaders right on the field because we play to win.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I would like to echo this sentiment, thank you very much to Rack and crew.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Why do you think the sponsor withdrew the Bill? This was something I don't think anyone expected.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Why do you think the sponsor withdrew the Bill? This was something I don't think anyone expected.

It wasn't his bill, it came from the Baltimore City Delegation (provided by the city administration), and as the head of the Baltimore City Delegation it falls to Delegate Anderson to present the bill. He saw the writing on the wall, knew it was going to be egg on his face, really didn't believe in it, and pulled the bill.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It wasn't his bill, it came from the Baltimore City Delegation (provided by the city administration), and as the head of the Baltimore City Delegation it falls to Delegate Anderson to present the bill. He saw the writing on the wall, knew it was going to be egg on his face, really didn't believe in it, and pulled the bill.

Yep. Smart enough to realize that he couldn't polish that turd.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Katie and I are rewatching the testimony again. Based on the sh!tshow of of the only three "experts" in favor, I suspect they knew it wasn't going to fly from the very beginning. Either they thought it was a done deal, and didn't need support or they didn't want to waste resources (that could be bus fare to DC for the kids?)

Maybe they threw in the towel to limit future embarrassment? Or maybe, they realized how legally shaky it was and were afraid that it would get passed, then get challenged, overturned and set precedent for them losing even more ground?

Our enemies are deluded, vindictive and probably insane, but I think it is dangerous to consider them that stupid. They have a plan.

...Or...well, we are talking about elected officials from Baltimore City...maybe they are that stupid :shrug:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ended after 1:00 .

The Church Bill was Amended before the hearing to be a demonstration project for Hartford Co only.

I'm presuming because the MGA traditionally places great deference to the County Delegations for local only Bills , making it more likely to actually pass.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Since I had to leave, how long did you hard core guys stay last night? What happened to the bill for armed church attendees?

The session ended somewhere around 1:30am.

The church carry bill was amended to be a test program only for Harford County. I don't expect this one to see the light beyond the desk drawer unfortunately.

A couple of cucks allegedly representing the Presbyterians and Catholics played up the "our sanctuary should be a place of peace and prayer" angle testified in opposition.

The kicker was when Delegate I Forget His Name asked the Presbyterian Cuck if he was familiar with Luke 22:36 when Jesus said "and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." he replied that we don't know that Jesus actually said that. But then proceeded to tell us that Jesus taught peace and love for our enemies (like Brian Frosh, okay, that was just my thoughts), not sure how this guy squared one with the other but obfuscation and falsehoods were the theme of the night from the antis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom