• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Maryland is Maryland.

Our votes while counted , are 99% of time without effect ( 100% in certain jurisdictions .

Maryland is Maryland.

A Governor that does nothing at all regarding 2A IS a victory for us , and worthy of our support.

Gov Hogan hasn"t done anything actively against us . YET.

It's sad that a governor who simply doesn't make things worse is the best that we can hope for in this state, but it is what it is.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    For what its worth the legislature can pass and send bills to the Governor before the end of the session and he has 6 days to sign or veto, if he vetoes the legislature can over ride before end of session, look for them to do that again this year, it was a little used rule until we had a republican Governor, basically there is nothing Hogan can do if the legislature rushes the bills through.

Copied this from an article about last year,

This is the second consecutive year that the General Assembly has sent bills to the governor before the end of the 90-day legislative session.

Lawmakers are taking advantage of a little-used provision in the state constitution, which says bills sent to the governor at least six days before the end of session must either be signed or vetoed, giving the legislature time to override any vetoes before it adjourns.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So what are their plans for the Savage rifles with the accu-trigger? They are factory standard on many Savage rifles, including semi automatic rifles.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018
    If they pass any of that garbage and he vetos all they pass I will consider that something but he’s already gone on tv saying he will sign away our rights and ban bumpstocks and trigger accessories already so who knows what that rhino will do.

I hope he grows a pair after this session and vetos every thing they pass. I just gave my doubts. We will all see soon enough. One things for sure, whatever rights of ours he gives away we won’t be getting back. Folks should think about that.

I actually feel bad that I've become this disappointed in Hogan.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If this Bill passes, does this mean the end of SASS (Cowboy Action Shooting) in Maryland? Not to mention 3 gun and a bunch of other sports involving shooting many different types of firearms.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018
    I'm not particularly worried about bumpstocks because I think the magazine capacity bill is a lot more worrisome!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So what are their plans for the Savage rifles with the accu-trigger? They are factory standard on many Savage rifles, including semi automatic rifles.

If it came with it, its the gun's standard rate of fire. The language is only about increasing a gun's rate of fire above standard.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I'm not particularly worried about bumpstocks because I think the magazine capacity bill is a lot more worrisome!

Deb Rey mentioned at her town hall the bumpstock bill is so badly written that cleaning your weapon will make you a felon . Hogan will have to veto that

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If it came with it, its the gun's standard rate of fire. The language is only about increasing a gun's rate of fire above standard.

What standard rate of fire? It can be set to a 3 to 7 pound trigger. The lighter trigger will allow faster follow up shots.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018
    Deb Rey mentioned at her town hall the bumpstock bill is so badly written that cleaning your weapon will make you a felon . Hogan will have to veto that

Yeah but is there any way that maybe it doesn't get the votes and therefore never even hits his desk?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This bill on bump stocks has nothing to do with crime, violence, or any problem Maryland is facing.

Bump stocks is 100% about virtue signalling for people running for office this year. Its showboating and virtue signalling.

Not a single of the thousands of homicides over the last 10 years have anything to do with bump stocks. The bill is unenforceable except for bump stocks and cranks. Nobody will be able to say what other device increases the rate of fire, since there is no "standard" rate of fire.

Facts and logic are irrelevant when the goal is virtue signalling prior to some elections. They will spend a lot of energy on a non-problem. Meanwhile, some more bodies in Baltimore every single day.

Hard to predict whether this makes it out of committee. Many years they confine their showboating to committee.

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    If it came with those parts, you have NOT modified it to increase the rate of fire.

That's not how the bill defines a "rapid fire trigger activator". I posted the following in the other thread.

>>> The way that this is currently written all firearms that fire faster than the slowest firearm in the universe have a "rapid fire trigger activator". There is no other test in the language. It does not provide a test against original manufacturers equipment, other firearms in the same class, etc. I don't see how this stands up in court.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That's not how the bill defines a "rapid fire trigger activator". I posted the following in the other thread.

>>> The way that this is currently written all firearms that fire faster than the slowest firearm in the universe have a "rapid fire trigger activator". There is no other test in the language. It does not provide a test against original manufacturers equipment, other firearms in the same class, etc. I don't see how this stands up in court.

RFTA will be the new HBAR.

We'll have twenty posts a week about RFTA BGOS.

Feb 28, 2013
    Can’t ban “assault weppins”?

No prob. Just pass a law sayin’ thay gots to have a trigger weight of 12 lbs or more. :rolleyes:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Magazine Bill was on the ropes in the Senate. The Sponsor admitted it needed major rewriting . As indicated by Sponsor , a rewritten Bill would essentially restate offenses already illegal, only for repeat offenders.

Still watch it closely , but at this point , the Bump Stock Bill seems the one the Anti's are putting all their efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom