• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    If you go, and pay the $16, I will comp your admission fee to the MDS pig roast on May 5th.

PM John from MD for details as the thread is in the 50+ posts needed Water Cooler.

Just saw this post - thanks so much for the generous offer! As it turns out, work intervened and I couldn't get to the Expo Center in time to make it worthwhile. Now i'm safely back in MD and planted for the weekend!

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the area on the weekend of the 5th anyway. Is the roast an annual event or do they happen more frequently? Sounds like a good time! I'll have to hurry up and break that 50 post threshold so I can see the "water cooler" stuff.

Thank again - and I hope everyone who gets to the Dulles show this weekend enjoys it.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Went on Friday. Traffic was heavy but moving coming in from MD. I took the airport route and connected to 28 from there, bypassing some of the traffic.

Crowds were moderate. There were lots of people but you can move easily down the aisles. I got a decent deal on ASC aluminium mags from the store across from MSI $45 for 5. Gen 2 Pmags were going for 12-13 at different tables. Glock 19 33 rd mags were going for $35.

The ammo guy at the back had a great deal on 9mm HSTs $20 for 50. That's comparable to SGAmmo without shipping costs.

Saw some Lugers going for $600 and up. One table with a bunch of average looking SKS asking $500 and up, which I thought was too high.

Had dinner there before heading back. Coming 8pm traffic was real light.

Had a great time.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    The only reason this was worth the 15 dollar fee and 2 to 3 hour drive was seeing Rack. Think I am done with shows for a bit .

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Got a nice Mauser Model 1910 (postwar commercial), and had a good discussion with MilsurpDan.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    $16???!!!

Ain't happening.

I thought the show was expensive at $13, $16 is too much.

I agreed. For me will be ones a year when I renew NRA membership.

Show was mediocre, definitely not worth the $16 entry fee

Yep, the $16 is pretty pricey and in a couple weeks it will cost another $8 for me for a next time. I've just never run across any new firearm at a price that screamed by this now. I go through 22lr, but can get better prices delivered to my door. (or my inlaws door for the ammo vendors fearing MoCo) I've even run across better 22lr prices at Cabelas in Gainesville.

rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    Went on Friday. Traffic was heavy but moving coming in from MD. I took the airport route and connected to 28 from there, bypassing some of the traffic.

Crowds were moderate. There were lots of people but you can move easily down the aisles. I got a decent deal on ASC aluminium mags from the store across from MSI $45 for 5. Gen 2 Pmags were going for 12-13 at different tables. Glock 19 33 rd mags were going for $35.

The ammo guy at the back had a great deal on 9mm HSTs $20 for 50. That's comparable to SGAmmo without shipping costs.

Saw some Lugers going for $600 and up. One table with a bunch of average looking SKS asking $500 and up, which I thought was too high.

Had dinner there before heading back. Coming 8pm traffic was real light.

Had a great time.

Thanks for the report. Really bummed I wasn't able to get out of work early - missed a decent chance to pick up some mags. Maybe next time.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I’ll be working down at the show again tomorrow. Picked up a decent all matching un-refurbed M1895 Nagant pistol made in 1910 for a good price today. Other than that I didn’t get anything.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I’ll be working down at the show again tomorrow. Picked up a decent all matching un-refurbed M1895 Nagant pistol made in 1910 for a good price today. Other than that I didn’t get anything.

I got to see that 1910 beauty when MDan and I bumped into each other this afternoon.

My prize was something I snagged on my way to the MSI table to set up before they opened the doors this morning.

Guess what goes WAY up in value on May 20th? “Buy It Now” prices are already at $800-$900.

Attachments

• AF6E1608-4256-4892-92B8-03B568DC73F0.jpg
      AF6E1608-4256-4892-92B8-03B568DC73F0.jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 627
    • A7B846EE-331C-4334-8BB8-D378E909AE25.jpg
      A7B846EE-331C-4334-8BB8-D378E909AE25.jpg
      82 KB · Views: 652

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I got to see that 1910 beauty when MDan and I bumped into each other this afternoon.

My prize was something I snagged on my way to the MSI table to set up before they opened the doors this morning.

Guess what goes WAY up in value on May 20th? “Buy It Now” prices are already at $800-$900.

That was you I had seen roaming thru the show! I must have seen you 10 times and each time I was thinking he looks very familiar. You passed me while I was talking to Andrew at TomKat Ammo. I know Andrew acknowledged you as you passed by. I had a backpack on with a sign on it as I was trying to sell a bumpfire stock for a friend. Nobody asked about it though.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dang ! I'm going to have to circulate more , and finally get to MilsurpDan's .

Picked up a passel of Georgia Arms ammo , and some old school leather goodness .

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    Thanks for $16 information. I opted out of going due to it. I hope this feedback will be heard.

Sting

Member, League the Armed
    Apr 28, 2013
    Rockville
    went with a friend today....first time going to this particular show. It's big. Not as big as York, but definetly a good size. Ammo prices were okay (depending on the vendor). Nothing to write home about. I went looking for a Model 29. Couldn't find one in the entire show, unfortunately (there was a vendor with an assortment of .357 mag Smith's) Saw a nice russian SKS that was in GREAT shape and a handful of Mosin's that were in great shape as well.

When asked a certain VA FFL there, if they were MD or VA (due to having to transfer it to a Md FFL)...they weren't super "customer friendly"

Good show, though...it was worth the hour drive.

One vendor had half a dozen SKS rifles but it was no sale for MD residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    i just renewed my NRA membership there for $30, an extra $14 over the entry fee, and it went to a good cause.
    I did too. Even so, while $16 is a bit high for entry, I regularly pay half that for the local shows which aren't close to half the size. Wouldn't say I found crazy deals, but it's nice to see, hold these things "in the flesh".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom