• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I'm at 7months now on a personal form 4 Mac10. Sux as I have everything layed out ready like new parents awaiting their first child... New safe, new upper, new mags, 5000 rounds, but no stamp. When I called ATF at 6mos, the lady just said they're just waiting on the FBI backlog to clear.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was told a couple weeks ago expect 7 months. This was an individual form 4. Check cashed early feb.
    I got a couple more in on my trust that I am just forgetting about. So much so I had to dig out paper work to figure what I was waiting for.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was told a couple weeks ago expect 7 months. This was an individual form 4. Check cashed early feb.
    I got a couple more in on my trust that I am just forgetting about. So much so I had to dig out paper work to figure what I was waiting for.

A good problem to have !!! :-)

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Form 1 silencer (submitted using the silencer shop kiosk) on April 20. Approved August 16. Tax stamp in hand August 24.

Submitted->Approved=118 Days
    Approved->Received=8 Days
    Total=126 Days

Not sure how indicative of future process this is, if at all, but we're talking 4 months, 4 days! Still have a Form 1 out on SBR, but pleased as punch to be able to proceed on the project can.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Form 1 silencer (submitted using the silencer shop kiosk) on April 20. Approved August 16. Tax stamp in hand August 24.

Submitted->Approved=118 Days
    Approved->Received=8 Days
    Total=126 Days

Not sure how indicative of future process this is, if at all, but we're talking 4 months, 4 days! Still have a Form 1 out on SBR, but pleased as punch to be able to proceed on the project can.

Don't you mean form 4 on the suppressor ?? Didn't know you could do a form 1 on there kiosk especially if it's a form 1 and they aren't selling you 1??

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wow !! Just when you think times are getting shorter !!!
    It's a mistake to read too much into individuals, because some of the longer waits are from getting pegged by failed/halted/no-go NICS checks that require FBI investigation, or from FFLs who suck at submitting paperwork. If you can buy a gun with no NICS drama, you're gonna be OK with the NFA stuff.

mike j

Feb 14, 2018
    Annapolis MD
    It's a mistake to read too much into individuals, because some of the longer waits are from getting pegged by failed/halted/no-go NICS checks that require FBI investigation, or from FFLs who suck at submitting paperwork. If you can buy a gun with no NICS drama, you're gonna be OK with the NFA stuff.
    Over the last 10 years or so I’ve been delayed twice in long gun purchases, with many other purchases in between no problem. I’m sure I was in NICS drama I called one time last month and was told “waiting for background to clear”.

hiattda

Aug 30, 2018
    I got back a few form 4s over the last month or so. All of them were at 8 months from the paperwork received date. It was plus of minus a couple of days but almost exactly eight months.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I got back a few form 4s over the last month or so. All of them were at 8 months from the paperwork received date. It was plus of minus a couple of days but almost exactly eight months.

Was that individual or trust?

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Form 1 back for SBR. Submitted 4/20/18>Approved 8/16/18>In hand 8/30/18.

Not sure the delay getting mailed compared to Form 1 silencer from same date, but also feeling very fortunate for times on both.

BoundingBeast

Feb 24, 2015
    Rugged Obsidian9
    * Form: 4
    * Entity: Individual
    * Check Cashed: 02/22/2018
    * Pending: 02/26/2018
    * Approved: 08/30/2018
    * Standardized wait: 185 days
    * State: MD

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Rugged Obsidian9
    * Form: 4
    * Entity: Individual
    * Check Cashed: 02/22/2018
    * Pending: 02/26/2018
    * Approved: 08/30/2018
    * Standardized wait: 185 days
    * State: MD
    Exactly six days before my check was cashed. Hoping this is a sign of things to come. My wife is really pushing to get out of Maryland before Christmas, so I've been nervous about this final stamp clearing on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom