Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:32 PM #131
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericahls View Post
Perhaps for the next protest you should join Any Town and then come down and support the Second Amendment. That way you use any towns budget :-)
I'd rather walk up hill both ways through snow barefoot, like our forefathers, than set foot on that bus. I recognize that one woman from the NRA "so, why are you here?" video. She had no idea other than Gun Bad.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:52 PM #132
Registered Grendelophile

Registered Grendelophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigraineMan View Post
And if there was any doubt in your mind about Bloomberg bussing-in MDA shills ...

(I wonder how long these tweets will stay up)
Ohhhhh. I'll work on a plan to infiltrate one of those bus rides and ruin their morning. I already have the shirt, just need someone to pick me up when they kick me off the bus.
Attached Images

Old December 3rd, 2019, 05:04 PM #133
Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Who has a Twitter account?

From the Shannon Watts on twitter link:

Quote:
Unironically Ellie
‏ @NYCEllieD
6h6 hours ago
Replying to @shannonrwatts @NRA

They couldn’t even honor a moment of silence for those who lost their lives to gun violence. That is how deeply twisted they are.
Someone needs to post "They tried to silence Free Speech by calling for a moment of silence during the reading of sections of the Bill Of Rights."
Blacksmith101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 05:13 PM #134
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Notice they didn't call for a moment of silence for those beaten, strangled, stabbed, or otherwise done to death, because THOSE lives don't matter. And no moment to pause and recognize the lives saved by the use of a firearm, no. But they're happy to use specific dead people as political props when and how it suits.

They had speakers screeching about domestic violence and how guns are the problem. Completely ignoring the domestic violence victims who are spared a beating or being stabbed to death because they're able to defend themselves. Their hypocrisy knows NO bounds.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 05:23 PM #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post

Someone needs to post "They tried to silence Free Speech by calling for a moment of silence during the reading of sections of the Bill Of Rights."
Yeah, that was a setup. If the Patriot Picket wasn't there, they appealed to the emotional response of their low-information participants. As we were there, and weren't part of their dog-and-pony show, we had no obligation to participate. Much pearl-clutching was observed.

Relatedly, Ms. Watts retweeted her master's statement about the SCOTUS case.

I can just hear him muttering as he typed - "Dammit, I paid for hats, and coffee, and ponchos, and hand warmers, and more hats ... Do they know how expensive that gets, especially when it has to be delivered to the sidewalk in front of the Supreme Court?"

Yes, more-relatable-"Mike", it's completely absurd to think that someone can purchase something then be prohibited by law from taking it out of their home.
Attached Images

MigraineMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 05:24 PM #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith101 View Post
She blocked me several years ago, apparently she didn't want to hear facts.
Engine4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 05:48 PM #137
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

i get such a kick out of them accusing us of being on the payroll of NRA. Too funny.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 06:25 PM #138
IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertfish View Post
Can you describe your run in with the police?

Sure.,

I was standing next to the portable stage and Acrylic Lectern that the Antis had. I was holding a pro 2A sign in front of the Mics and Lectern, no one had started whining on the mics yet. A guy came up said he was the owner, and I couldn't be there. I told him too bad. A few mins later two scotus police officers came to the area, mind you that there was a fence between the SJW and the SC steps, they got my attention and told me I had to move away from the stage. I told them I was exercising my First Amendment rights. They told me again to move, I asked if there was a permit. I asked numerous times, I got no answer, other than it just didn't matter. Told them I was not moving. The two officers left and got a 3rd, #3 was pretty tall, but I didn't see any stripes or anything. I think the first 2 officers stood nearby, He told me I had to move, I said I was exercising my First Amendment rights. I asked about a permit, didn't get an answer. #3 again told me to move, my answer was "what?" #3 then told me I had to have 2 hands on my sign, I did do that, but don't know why. About 3 more times he told me to move away from the stage, each time my response was "what?" The last thing he said was, "is that how its going to be?" "yes" i replied.
End of story. I figured they were waking around the fence to arrest me, but that never happened. I respect Leos, but I was not going to let anyone ignore or stifle my First Amendment right.

This is basically what happened to Jeff and Kevin. The state of MD is saying in that case that Jeff nor Kevin said they were exercising their First Amendment right. We all know they were and why would they have to say so?

I wanted to make it clear to the Officers I was going to continue what I was doing. (this is more or less, what happened some of the words might have been different, it was noisy)

South vs. Maryland and Warren v. District of Columbia
GTOGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2019, 07:55 PM #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGUNNER View Post

This is basically what happened to Jeff and Kevin. The state of MD is saying in that case that Jeff nor Kevin said they were exercising their First Amendment right. We all know they were and why would they have to say so?
First, thank you for your report, and for standing firm. Excellent work!

Second, regarding Jeff and Kevin; Jeff did most definitely assert his 1st Amendment stance before and during the arrest process. It's probably on the various videos, and I was there and heard it. (I'm not sure about Kevin).

The state of MD can suck on it. You don't have to verbalise a right in order to exercise it.

It's getting somewhat annoying in this country. Something may have to be done about it.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: “No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.”
Bob A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 12:14 AM #140
HaveBlue

HaveBlue

How can they set up a stage in a public place without a permit? The Leo’s should’ve been removing their stage. Did they have an Gov approved engineer evaluate the safety of their platform? I can’t install a gas stove in my house without a permit & inspection. How can they build a platform on public property without a permit?
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues

Tags
patriot picket, supreme court