• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    For those that have been here in the store with Dino, you know he likes to bark at the door when you come in, but will greet you with a wagging tail and a "pet me now" attitude. He hasn't been here in a while because his health is failing. We don't know exactly what the problem is yet, but it will get expensive. My wife set up a GoFundMe page. If you could share this so we can get the widest exposure for him, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

https://www.gofundme.com/2szy3qc?ssid=761460071&pos=3

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Have you tried to get pet health insurance for him? Their is such a thing.here is the link. ya i know I did a cut and past. http://enroll.embracepetinsurance.com/cpc/?utm_source=bing&utm_term=%2Bpet%20%2Bhealth%20%2Binsurance&utm_campaign=Search+-+Pet+Insurance&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=s|pcrid|{creative}|pap|{adposition}|pkw|%2Bpet%20%2Bhealth%20%2Binsurance|pmt|b|pdv|c&campaign=266410090&adgroup=5328082130&target=kwd-23653500238&ad={creative}&keyword=%2Bpet%20%2Bhealth%20%2Binsurance

LS3Stig

Hey Jack
    Apr 13, 2016
    Silver Spring
    Hit up Rocky Gorge animal hospital. I had x-rays done for my lab and they ran me around $165. Not sure about MRI costs. I hope he gets better!

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Not to keep throwing vet names etc out there but we use Paradise Animal Hospital in Catonsville. Doctor Burke in particular. She is awesome. We had a hip consult also done at VOSM. Super knowledgeable. We had our lab examined, sedated, x-rays, and ultrasound done for around 700 to 800. The docs at vosm all haver amazing resumes and qualifications from the top vetinary schools in the country.

Not to keep throwing vet names etc out there but we use Paradise Animal Hospital in Catonsville. Doctor Burke in particular. She is awesome. We had a hip consult also done at VOSM. Super knowledgeable. We had our lab examined, sedated, x-rays, and ultrasound done for around 700 to 800. The docs at vosm all haver amazing resumes and qualifications from the top vetinary schools in the country.

Actually I think Paradise is the one she went to. Is it 24hr?

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I definitely appreciate all the referrals. We're going to shop around, but price is by far the deciding factor. He's become such a part of our family that he ranks as high as our son anymore... LOL

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Actually I think Paradise is the one she went to. Is it 24hr?

I am pretty sure it is not 24hr. Dr. Burke is a little hard to get appointments with but awesome. They also have rehab facility downstairs with underwater treadmill and great staff. Whenever we go to the vet we make our way downstairs as our lab loves to say hi to the rehab team.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    On the recommendation of an old Army buddy, we have an appointment with Dr. Willens in Clarksburg. As a MAJ and veterinarian in the Army, he is well versed in working dogs. I'll post more when we know more.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Dino had his MRI done - who knew they cost $2500. It is confirmed that he has a bulging disc in his spine. The neurologist wants to go ahead with surgery to the tune of up to $6500 - holy crap! He says he's healthy enough and should be able to handle it.

I'll post more when I have more.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    HOLY CRAP! $9,000.00!

Why do you think we have a GoFundMe campaign going?... LOL

My wife took a loan off her 401k, but that won't cover it all. It's going to set us back we'll over $10k when all said and done. He's been a part of our family for 7 years, and to be honest, I think the wife likes him more than me... LOL

iam

Aug 13, 2016
    I hope the surgery goes well.

It's great to see all the donations for something so important.

Good luck!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Good talking to you at the show today. That is a lot of money for the vet bill but, when the dog is family, you have to do what you have to do! :heart:

Hope I didn't ruin the finish on that Ruger by drooling all over it today!:drool:

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Dino goes under the knife on Thursday. The neurologist was concerned about an infection around the bulging disc that showed on the MRI, but that has been ruled out.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Dino has his surgery today. They had some extra bleeding, but were able to fix that. We'll know tomorrow morning if he can come home tomorrow afternoon. It all depends on how he takes the sedation and recovery in the first 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom