• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK so I have a Form 4 for a Suppressor in starting today. So lets see how long it takes. i have checked NFA Tracker board and have seen a lot of approvals only taking 4 months. We shall have to see.

Form 4 Suppressor on Trust

Mailed: 10/17/2012
    Check Cashed: 10/23/2012
    Pending: 11/6/2012
    Approved:
    Received:

Wish me luck and BATF speed. :D

Dave

Last edited:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    OK so I have a Form 4 for a Suppressor in starting today. So lets see how long it takes. i have checked NFA Tracker board and have seen a lot of approvals only taking 4 months. We shall have to see.

Form 4 Suppressor on Trust

Mailed: 10/17/2012
    Pending:
    Appreoved:
    Received:

Wish me luck and BATF speed. :D

Dave

Good luck with 4 months... though it seems that our region is lagging behind most others. :(

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Thanks and good point. I did not look at the examiner or region the approvals were in. Just noticed a few that were 3-4 months from Pending to Approval. Realistically, I am planning on 6 months, but hoping for less, of course.

Dave

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    From mailing or pending?

The stamps I got a couple weeks ago were almost exactly 6 months from mailing... they took about a month to go pending.

I just sent one in this month that went pending 11 days after the date the check was cashed. That's been pretty typical for the last year or so. Prior to that, it used to be a month to get assigned.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I just sent one in this month that went pending 11 days after the date the check was cashed. That's been pretty typical for the last year or so. Prior to that, it used to be a month to get assigned.

Then I have problems. All five that I submitted in the last six months have taken about a month to be pending... the three referenced above actually took a little longer :(

I bet they're trying to take revenge for the Hello Kitty and Unicorn checks that I sent them (the sample checks when I opened the trust account).

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well the check cashed today. Will call in a few weeks to see if I am pending. Also my OTHER NFA purchase is back at the manufacturers and waiting for Form 3 transfer to my local friendly Class 3 NFA dealer. They said they are going to take it to the range to "Test" fire it and send me picsa and video. Will post once I get them if I can.

Dave

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Anybody have a recent time on a form 3? Apparently, I'm 11 weeks into the wait for the approval to transfer from the distributor to my dealer.

-Jim

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Submitted my form 4 to ATF- 6mo ago yesterday. No word yet.

Have you called them to get a status? 304 616-4500. Have your serial number ready because they'll ask for that, the name of the current owner, and your name.

Bryan

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Anybody have a recent time on a form 3? Apparently, I'm 11 weeks into the wait for the approval to transfer from the distributor to my dealer.
    My Galil SAR took forever on a form 3, too. Now I'm waiting on my form 4, which is not a lot more fun.

I have a couple of forms that went "check cashed" on May 1, so I figure those are any day now... looking forward to doing the chop on my Saiga 12, that's for sure.

cougar7890

Oct 2, 2008
    i am 5th week waiting on my SBR form 3 transfer. weird thing is that i ordered a supressor 3 weeks after SBR and the supressor form 3 transfer is already approved.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    BTW, the examiners were divided up again in late October, and we are now under a new examiner... Christina Farris. She is running about two weeks later than Dana Pickles was, unfortunately...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom