• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I've been doing a bit of research on this myself.

My understanding is if you have a lower that started out as a rifle you cannot make it a pistol. However, a lower that starts out as a pistol can be converted to a rifle.

Of course if you buy a lower and build your own stuff no one is the wiser but a purchased rifle taken apart and the lower used as a pistol is a no go.

Am I wrong here?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/7/14/building-ar-15-pistols-at-home/

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've been doing a bit of research on this myself.

My understanding is if you have a lower that started out as a rifle you cannot make it a pistol. However, a lower that starts out as a pistol can be converted to a rifle.

Of course if you buy a lower and build your own stuff no one is the wiser but a purchased rifle taken apart and the lower used as a pistol is a no go.

Am I wrong here?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/7/14/building-ar-15-pistols-at-home/

A lower that starts serviceable life as a rifle will always be a rifle. To go shorter than 16", you must go SBR.

A lower that starts serviceable life as a pistol will always be a pistol, so you can convert it from pistol to rifle and back to pistol at will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom