• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I'll be in Talbot County with my FFL 03 for a few weeks of vacation in July. I'll likely have time to shop for C&R's and will appreciate any shops in the above areas that y'all can recommend to take a look at.

The shop outside Berlin did me well on an auction transfer for a D Special, 1903 Springfield, and an M1 Carbine but I don't know what they carry. And other than a few shops in Easton IDK.

I work and reside in CA so flame on CA and help me out!:D

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Albrights in easton can have cr rifles. Hit or miss. Feast or famine. Been in when the feast was enfields and garands. But if u like hi end shotguns....
    I was in cambridge in late may and i asked this forum for nearby gun shops. Got a number of responses. See if u can find that thread. In that thread someone mentioned an intriguing shop in Lewes del. not far from easton.

Last edited:

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Gun Bunker up in Shrewsbury has a decent selection most of the time. Their prices tend to run mid to high-range though, and quality is a crapshoot. That being said, I've gotten an extremely nice MAS 36 out of there once I later sold (on account of my shoulder). They do sometimes have gems prices reasonably. They also accept C&R licenses.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Gun Bunker up in Shrewsbury has a decent selection most of the time. Their prices tend to run mid to high-range though, and quality is a crapshoot. That being said, I've gotten an extremely nice MAS 36 out of there once I later sold (on account of my shoulder). They do sometimes have gems prices reasonably. They also accept C&R licenses.

My experience with them as well. I picked up a sporterized 98 mauser from them, Spandau 1915 manufacture. Stocks a bit beat up, but no cracks. Bore was filthy and pitted, but strong rifling. After a few hours of work on the bore and 2 range sessions it’s starting to group about an inch at 50yds with new manufacture 8mm mauser. $250.

If you can expand the drive, there are a few places in delaware. Steele’s in lewes DE is supposed to be good, though I haven’t shopped there.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Albrights in easton can have cr rifles. Hit or miss. Feast or famine. Been in when the feast was enfields and garands. But if u like hi end shotguns....
    I was in cambridge in late may and i asked this forum for nearby gun shops. Got a number of responses. See if u can find that thread. In that thread someone mentioned an intriguing shop in Lewes del. not far from easton.

Not into high end shotguns but it looks like Steels in Lewes may be worth a visit. Thanks

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter

Added to the list. Thanks

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter

My MAS 36 with Algerian or Tunisian ammo will punch through telephone poles and then some; bust rocks to dust too. My Dad's bring back from Viet Nam. Not for sale:)

Bunker's on the list. Thanks

Last edited:

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Trip report:
    Shore Sportsman in Easton had what appeared to me as a correct early 1943 Inland M1 Carbine on consignment for $1800. It may or may not be correct as I’m certainly not a pro at identification. Too rich for me to take the risk but it may still be there if someone’s interested.
    Arthurs in Berlin was worth the visit as the folks were very hospitable. However, no C&R’s that I was interested in.
    Steele’s in DE was a great experience and I obtained the following C&R’s that I had been hunting for a while:
    Savage 32 pistols, one with wide slide serrations and one with narrow
    Colt Official Police 38 spl. with Rehoboth Beach PD Rack number stamp as a bonus; big brother to my Colt 38 S&W Police Positive
    Winchester 1912 riot; to complete my set up for Wild Bunch Shooting
    Photo’s attached but the 1911 and SAA Colt I had before this run.
    Thanks to everyone for the help. Nice to have a successful hunt!:)

Attachments

• Savage & Colt OP.jpg
      Savage & Colt OP.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 208
    • wild bunch.jpg
      wild bunch.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 219

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Gun Bunker won't accept C&R on C&R handguns.

??? Huh. Never tried. Their C&R/used (well, most of their guns) seem to be $50-200 over priced on most stuff. I’ve seen a deal or two, but prices at shows and most other LGS, let alone online seem better.

Only bought a rifle C&R from them and no issues.

Don’t get me wrong, they seem to be good people. But they also seem pricey. They do have a decent selection and have stuff that can be harder to find sometime. Like they had legit surplus Cz82 magazines. Not cheap, but not highway robbery. A lot of other guys their “surplus” mags are new manufacture and I have issues with those dropping free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom