• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Another thing to keep in mind is that, if the police get involved in your defensive situation, they'll likely confiscate the weapon(s) you used until the resulting case is settled. So, do you really want to use your best weapon(s), or perhaps rather your most reliable but easiest to replace?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Where I live, a Ruger PC carbine in 9mm is enough. I don't have a line of sight (or possible shot) longer than fifty yards. And having the same mags as a Glock 17 could be convenient.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Another thing to keep in mind is that, if the police get involved in your defensive situation, they'll likely confiscate the weapon(s) you used until the resulting case is settled. So, do you really want to use your best weapon(s), or perhaps rather your most reliable but easiest to replace?

While I respect and understand this argument, I don't agree with it.

If my life is on the line, i'm reaching for whatever I have, but will reach for the best I got.

That said, my Browning O/U will stay in the closet for now.

For me the answer to this is simple, an AR15. Preferably two or more.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If you're making choices, pick the loudest one. Don't use a suppressor. A big kaboom or two tells rioters that the party's over.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    If you're making choices, pick the loudest one. Don't use a suppressor. A big kaboom or two tells rioters that the party's over.

That’s a good point, maybe in those Situations a loudener is a better deterrence then a silencer.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    No shoties? Thought about taking an old police S&W along for my late ride home from work.

You’ll likely have to fire from behind the steering wheel. I’d add an old S&W 357 3” revolver For that purpose.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    w1O4ABr.jpg

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    If you are in a Ford Festiva, then definitely don't go with a shotty. The recoil may stall the car.

If you are in something more like a Honda Passport, then I say pop up through the sunroof and use belt fed.

Doc1964

May 23, 2014
    i like my glock 17L and my KELTEC sub 2000 rifle in the glock 9 mm version. the 10,17,33 mags are interchangeable between them. plus the sub2000 folder up to only 18" so it fits in a backpack or laptop case. no one sees you walking with a rife case.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Self defense laws don't get suspended with a riot, it's not the Purge. You will end up more than likely facing a DA, and if you make mistakes a Judge and jury will be waiting for you, same as if someone tried to rob you, carjack you, or any other violent crime during more peaceful times. If you have to defend yourself from an imminent and deadly threat, most likely it will be by targeting your attackers ONLY at close range, a can will help you keep your hearing, and situational awareness to help you escape to safety. Shooting indiscriminately into a crowd will probably end in a murder trial, "warning shots", or using deadly force when not defending your life from an attack right then and there will probably also end on the wrong side of a trial. Of course all that is provided you try to stay out of trouble in the first place, stuck in traffic as a mob attacks cars, staying in your home or business etc keeps with several "reasonable man" arguments common in SD legal defense. Good chance if you claim you are out "walking your dog" in the middle of a riot, and live 30 mi away, you probably created a LOT of legal challenges for yourself, and good chance it's going to be argued you came to a riot looking for a fight.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Self defense laws don't get suspended with a riot, it's not the Purge. You will end up more than likely facing a DA, and if you make mistakes a Judge and jury will be waiting for you, same as if someone tried to rob you, carjack you, or any other violent crime during more peaceful times. If you have to defend yourself from an imminent and deadly threat, most likely it will be by targeting your attackers ONLY at close range, a can will help you keep your hearing, and situational awareness to help you escape to safety. Shooting indiscriminately into a crowd will probably end in a murder trial, "warning shots", or using deadly force when not defending your life from an attack right then and there will probably also end on the wrong side of a trial. Of course all that is provided you try to stay out of trouble in the first place, stuck in traffic as a mob attacks cars, staying in your home or business etc keeps with several "reasonable man" arguments common in SD legal defense. Good chance if you are out walking your dog in the middle of a riot, and live 30 mi away, you probably created a LOT of legal challenges for yourself.
    ...so chasing the MFrs down after they’ve tried to waylay you and kill you...that’s NG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom