• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    A coworker of mine told me he heard someone got a coyote that was tagged. Called the number and was able to find out the coyote came from a breeder out west. Apparently insurance companies are shipping them in to deal with deer populations causing excessive car accidents. No comment from insurance companies or DNR. Total BS?

Releasing or relocating animals is illegal in Md.Why would anyone release one with a tag that can be traced back to them?

Gotta call BS on this one

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I ran into a guy last week with game camera pics showing 4 of them killing a medium sized doe. Kinda impressive that the deer never made it out of view of the camera.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Someone got one in the Dublin area of Harford county last week. I was talking to Bob Chance about it and showed him pics my boy had on Saturday ( long time Harford residents will know who I'm talking about ) and he said he heard reports of a pack of 14 in the North Harford area. If true, that's a LARGE group of coyotes.

artbart1

Mar 13, 2017
    Carroll County, MD
    I saw this in my back yard this summer in Westminster, looked too large to be a fox.
    p7xwuwu.jpg

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I ran into a guy last week with game camera pics showing 4 of them killing a medium sized doe. Kinda impressive that the deer never made it out of view of the camera.

Any idea roughly where this was located? My cousin just showed me a few pics similar to that from Lisbon. One of them looked to be a very large male.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Coyote killed in APG 12/7, big male, sorry pic is on my phone and I am on my desktop now. Had a guy who hunts western MD telling me all sorts of stuff. Fed land next to the private land he hunts closed deer season in the land a couple years ago( natl forest I assume) due to 2 men being killed by bears, and saying he saw a mt lion and that the feds released mt lions into the park to control the now overpopulated deer. If it's BS he can sure do it with a strait face. I haven't had time to look into the bear story. Oh he said the feds have been shooting bears in the park too, to thin them out. Now if he had said he saw bigfoot , a snallygaster, and Mothman, then I'd know he is full of it lol. I've heard the coyote release stories so many times. And the whole coyotes are killing all the deer. Plenty of deer in Harford, and plenty of coyotes too. Like in APG. But some places deer hunters are seeing less deer and more coyotes, so I dunno. I am hoping a guy who co-owns Aldino airport gets back to me about trapping land somewhere around there due to this. And something about a pack caught on a game camera, same guys.

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    Been quite a few sighting here in the New Windsor area of Carroll County. Mainly around the new Lehigh quarry. All in the last couple days. We've heard them but haven't seen them. Lots of fox in the area this year as well. Thinking they are being driven this way with all the work going on at the quarry.

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    Holy Hell

Where's Sammy Leese, Lou Green and the "Jone's Brothers when ya need them. My bet is their looking for cougars:beer::beer:, not coyotes.:beer: Old dogs never change:rolleyes:

Catch me if you can guys but I know the truth behind the toilet seat!:lol2:

Let the guessing begin:innocent0

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Where's Sammy Leese, Lou Green and the "Jone's Brothers when ya need them. My bet is their looking for cougars:beer::beer:, not coyotes.:beer: Old dogs never change:rolleyes:

Catch me if you can guys but I know the truth behind the toilet seat!:lol2:

Let the guessing begin:innocent0

Lol I know those first two guys. Wife’s Family.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I saw a pair of yotes on APG Edgewood a couple years ago while I was fishing near shore. If anyone is familiar with the area, I was fishing mouth of Canal Creek and the two yotes were up on the old mill paved lot where lots of guys used to fish from shore. There is a stone wall along the bank, often referred to as the wall from the guys that used to fish there.
    Anyway I was surprised to see them in the middle of the day roaming out in the somewhat open.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I deer hunt three places in North East Carroll Co.I have seen way more foxes this year during daylight hours than the previous 5 or 6 yrs combined. Do you suppose the coyotes have moved in and rule the night?

I have yet to see one btw

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    remrug

I deer hunt three places in North East Carroll Co.I have seen way more foxes this year during daylight hours than the previous 5 or 6 yrs combined. Do you suppose the coyotes have moved in and rule the night?

I have yet to see one btw

I've reduced my trapping for fox and coon.)n I've never specifically trapped for Cayote.
    The extreme warm and wet weather has kept me out of the fields and forced me to reduce trap lines.

My time is largely devoted to my Hereford Steer herd. I've just got those sheds done to keep them dry and out of the Mud. They are happier now, dry hay, no wind, grain daily.

My really well used Remington 760 5 Diamond .222 does its job when I ask it it to

Rob

I know the trapper who use to trap on my deer lease says there just isn't enough (if any) profit in it so he hasn't been back for a couple years. It's Fox rut season right now and they were everywhere on Saturday. I saw at least a dozen. Farmer has also seen a couple yotes...he want them all dead...I have to wait until deer season is over then it's going to be lights out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom