• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    It was -2 degrees F this morning @ 0600, and I wimped out.

I did use the time to finish processing my deer from last Saturday though. It's safely vacuum sealed and in the freezer. Might go out at lunchtime and hunt this afternoon ... the GnR girls have requested jerky ... and lots of it.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Going to do a little drive right now, maybe something with some horns will run out. Missing Matt finally showed up. Might have been some elbow bending going on over to Linkwood Idk for sure but at least he's not in the woods flat on his back.

Should have been fox hunting, they bailed out of the branch quick, no deers though.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    When I came out and headed down the road a little bit I got a call about a missing hunter. Didn't tell anyone where he went and now he's unaccounted for.
    I rode out a piece of state woods to try and spot his vehicle, nothing. No-one knows where he's at.
    25 mph gusts and 6-10 sustained not good when its this cold.

Glad to see he is fine.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I don't get it, you never go without telling somebody where your at. Even when it's warm out. If you go down out there now or even do something stupid like lock yourself out of a car on some backwoods road it could turn into a problem.
    We went to push some deer out from around this pond and walking out across a field to get in position, dressed to lightly for the wind will cut you to pieces quick. Snow piled up, 300 yds to the woods double timing it with knee boots, didn't even start to build any warmth.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Yup, it's cold. I'm in a ditch out of the wind so it's not too bad. I followed the tracks to where they crossed earlier today so we will see what happens!
    a76c7d2b459f3c1b4d2d72bc5d11c610.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Saw a nice doe around 415 but had no shot. She tried to circle around to wind me, but coming towards me. Heard a shotgun go off pretty close as she went behind a small hill and she didn't come back out. My hunting season in a nutshell.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Froze all day and saw 5 in the distance on another property. I had my heater running in the ground blind for 5 hours and didn’t even start to melt the snow on the roof.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My son got one tonight with his new rifle and i'm at work. Its killing me not being there to help, but my neighbor is with him so that a huge plus.

Patiently waiting a phone call and details :tap:

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    My son got one tonight with his new rifle and i'm at work. Its killing me not being there to help, but my neighbor is with him so that a huge plus.

Congrats on him breaking in the new rifle!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Congrats to your son! He's a stone cold killer. :thumbsup:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Please tell your son congratulations. Always good to hear of a young hunter having success.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Finally put one down tonight. Decent doe. Now to find a processor. Place i usually use doesnt do it anymore. And the wife is not liking the idea of me doing it in the garage. Any suggestions near Harford? Im in Jarrettsvillw.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Thats who i used to use. Dont do it anymore. Sounds like a bunch of processors up here dont do it anymore for some reason.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom