• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    Really? MD knows how many >10 rd mags you may own? Do tell.

I think it’s more speculative. If anyone bought a Glock 17 before 2013. That person had to submit a single round fired from that weapon. And I’m sure they know who bought that glock 17. As well as were to go to find it. On top of that they probably know a glock 17 magazine holds more than 10 rounds. So I don’t think they know about all the mags I bought in Delaware or Virginia, but they probably know what’s in my collection...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Certainly not justification to swear out a warrant, given that folks can always buy 10 rounders, pin existing standard capacity mags, and/or move, gift, or sell them out of state before compliance date. All the state would have evidence of is ownership of a regulated arm that could accept a higher than 10 round mag... not actual continued posession of higher cap mags themselves.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    I'm just going to set this here...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1545004280335.jpg
      FB_IMG_1545004280335.jpg
      63.9 KB · Views: 301

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Certainly not justification to swear out a warrant, given that folks can always buy 10 rounders, pin existing standard capacity mags, and/or move, gift, or sell them out of state before compliance date. All the state would have evidence of is ownership of a regulated arm that could accept a higher than 10 round mag... not actual continued posession of higher cap mags themselves.
    I think you are optimistic to think a warrant won't be granted in the future.

The 4A will fall along with the 2A under the guise of public safety.

I think we'll see arbitrary searches, deemed constitutional, on the evidence that you own a firearm that did or could potentially accept a mag over n rounds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I think we'll see arbitrary searches, deemed constitutional, on the evidence that you own a firearm that did or could potentially accept a mag over n rounds.

2 searches come up empty and a class action suit gets filed on behalf of all MD gun owners. Would be Frosh's worst nightmare, even he understands not to do that. Moon, however ...

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017

100% where I see this going.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

You may be correct, but in that case it makes no sense to comply, since you will always be assumed guilty of hiding other contraband that you didn't turn in. No gun owner will ever be deemed innocent. And that will be the end of liberty as we know it.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    You may be correct, but in that case it makes no sense to comply, since you will always be assumed guilty of hiding other contraband that you didn't turn in. No gun owner will ever be deemed innocent. And that will be the end of liberty as we know it.
    Yes, I didn't mention anything about "to comply". If and when is more of a personal tactical decision.

Maybe my view is tainted, having just read "Gun Control in the Third Reich", but I see many parallels in tactics and reasoning. We would be foolish not to look at history to understand where similar reasoning could lead to.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

It's already happened. See Red Flag Law.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I think it’s more speculative. If anyone bought a Glock 17 before 2013. That person had to submit a single round fired from that weapon. And I’m sure they know who bought that glock 17. As well as were to go to find it. On top of that they probably know a glock 17 magazine holds more than 10 rounds. So I don’t think they know about all the mags I bought in Delaware or Virginia, but they probably know what’s in my collection...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the reason the law was nixed was they never got funded to put the rounds in a computer database. The "fired rounds" were reportedly stored uncatalogued in 55 gallon buckets for years.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    MD has a firearm enforcement squad that focuses strictly on firearm law violations. I am sure they will tax is to increase the size and reach of the programs in place.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Million Plus NJ Gun Owners Defy State Law, Refuse to Turn Over Banned Gun Mags

Over one million New Jersey Gun owners defy Governor Murphy's gun magazine ban & turn in demands of what some estimate is easily more than ten million now illegal standard capacity gun mags.

From all Reports, NO Mags Turned In, Governor Murphy & His Law are Joke
    AmmoLand also asked the Governor's office what Gov. Murphy thinks of users on the internet saying that the ban is unenforceable and laughing at the Governor's attempt at regulating magazine sizes.

Gov. Murphy and his office refused to comment on these gun owner's opinions.

AmmoLand also asked Gov. Murphy's office about the number of magazines turned in by New Jersey residents. Once again AmmoLand was referred to the New Jersey Attorney General's office.

In this case, Lauchaire would not offer a comment and referred AmmoLand to the New Jersey State Police. Lauchaire stated she was aware of AmmoLand's previous inquire to the State Police on the number of magazines turned in meaning that State Police contacted the AG’s office about our request for information.

The New Jersey State Police have not officially responded to our request on the number of magazines that were turned over by citizens.

Two sources from within the State Police, who spoke to AmmoLand on condition of anonymity, told AmmoLand News that they both do not know of any magazines turned over to their agency and doubted that any were turned in. They also stated that the State Police also engaged the AG's office for guidance on how to respond to inquiries such as ours. They were unaware if the Attorney General has returned to their request for guidance.

All the local police departments that AmmoLand contacted stated that they have not had any magazines turned into them.

AmmoLand has filed a Freedom of Information Act request with The New Jersey State Police to get an official count of the number of magazines turned in by New Jersey citizens. We will update the story if our FOIA request is fulfilled..........................

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Short of firearms that are "shipped with" +n round magazines, the answer is pretty simple...

Pay cash and don't use rewards cards, if you really feel a need to stay under the radar. False moustache and glasses optional.

Seeing what was headed our way even before the law reducing magazine capacity from 20 to 10 rounds I ordered a pistol and purposely selected the SKU with the 10 round mags. Standard capacity magazines were legal and readily available even through mail order at that time. But I knew the pistol would go on the books as one with 10 round mags.:innocent0

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Anyone care to step up and announce that they will be among the first to turn in their offending magazines?

I began my magazine crime spree at an early age. I was caught red-handed with a MAD magazine in class in the fifth grade. Nuns really hated Mad magazine, and I paid for my crime, you may be sure.

But somehow I find I'm still a contrarian.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have multiple emergency bags, kits, etc around the house, in vehicles, etc. There's a magnesium fire starter in each one. You could say I have a high capacity for magnesium fire starters. That sounds pretty dangerous. Should be regulated. I have also have a high capacity magnet in the garage. Also bought a new generator, which has a pretty high capacity magneto. And as both a photographer and a shooter, and someone who has started to need reading glasses, I have a high capacity for magnifiers.

Maybe we should just do what everyone else does and start calling them "clips."

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Maybe we should just do what everyone else does and start calling them "clips."

Lol, brilliant. Are there stripper clips of greater than 10-rd "capacity"? If not, I think many of us could grudgingly (infringement and all) learn to get by with a 10-rd clip restriction and avoid all this needless confusion with magazines.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom