• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Perhaps no help to this law but how much time is left for them to rework the gerrymandered map.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    You're right Not all but when the order comes down to take, the paycheck will outweigh their values.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Wrong... ******** meme...

It SHOULD read... "When you've made you choice to NOT be one who comes to take them."

But don't let the hate for the PoPo go... 'kay? :sad20:

EVERYone knows they ALL want you disarmed... Right? :rolleyes:

The meme doesn't say all LEOs will come and take them. But it will be an LEO who does.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Wrong... ******** meme...

It SHOULD read... "When you've made you choice to NOT be one who comes to take them."

But don't let the hate for the PoPo go... 'kay? :sad20:

EVERYone knows they ALL want you disarmed... Right? :rolleyes:

Chillax. This wasn’t a personal attack on you. We all know where you stand on this ********. You will not obey an order to directly violate the Constitution.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Chillax. This wasn’t a personal attack on you. We all know where you stand on this ********. You will not obey an order to directly violate the Constitution.

Chillax? Two points to ponder...

• I’m simply stating my opinion in the matter. And not from anger.

• Others could stand to take your advice.

The fear and caustic comments about LEOs around here are frankly offensive to those members who happen to be or have family and friends in LE. It creates divisions within the community which are hazardous to overall health and well-being. Chillax with the anti-LEO campaign...

Peace begets peace. Fear makes enemies of those who may otherwise be friends.

Merry Christmas

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan

Are you sure we all know where he stands?

Not in that camp... I think the 1302 law is a evil aberration... My intent in all of this is that until it is ruled as unconstitutional by a superior court... we are stuck with it as is. "Claiming" that it is unconstitutional WITHOUT the backing of the superior court ruling... and acting to ignore it... or refusing to do as the law requires... will get LEOs FIRED and charged with dereliction of duty.

However, I will agree with RD that without public support, it is unrealistic to ask police to throw their careers away by disobeying an order. Right now our community is ineffective at pushing back against gun grabbers. We don't have the political might to vote out politicians, and we don't have the organization to support or influence police. Without at least one of those abilities, we are left to count the number of ERPOs and hope we don't become one of them.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Are you sure we all know where he stands?

However, I will agree with RD that without public support, it is unrealistic to ask police to throw their careers away by disobeying an order. Right now our community is ineffective at pushing back against gun grabbers. We don't have the political might to vote out politicians, and we don't have the organization to support or influence police. Without at least one of those abilities, we are left to count the number of ERPOs and hope we don't become one of them.

He is right in that I never intend to violate what I know is a COTUS right for any American Citizen.

But... I also want the Courts to weigh in with THEIR support to tell these power hungry pukes that their law is in need of major adjustment to make it protect the COTUS rights of the individual who has been accused without the normal presumption of innocence ... AND the protection of their rights of property and privacy.

THAT is the only way this can be settled to the benefit of all concerned.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    He is right in that I never intend to violate what I know is a COTUS right for any American Citizen.

But... I also want the Courts to weigh in with THEIR support to tell these power hungry pukes that their law is in need of major adjustment to make it protect the COTUS rights of the individual who has been accused without the normal presumption of innocence ... AND the protection of their rights of property and privacy.

THAT is the only way this can be settled to the benefit of all concerned.

So if given the duty to act on a ERPO you'd do so? I'm just not familiar with cops that sideline as Constitutional Law attorneys or experts with expectations of belaying lawful orders as were legislated or orders from a judge. What's your take on the challenges to ERPO's on Constitutional grounds that have been dismissed?

Cops enforce laws as written by legislature. They enjoy doing so, or they'd find another job. I take it a cop has personal discretion with a contact he/she initiates on what to charge someone with. Something like an ERPO comes from a Judge, then somewhere up the LEO ladder someone directs whoever to take care of business. A cop that say's he's not going to comply with an order, I doubt will be employed much longer. Same deal with magazine arrests in states that prohibit certain types. Cops love collaring people when they have contraband. They get excited about it.

As to the prior meem, those two stickers together are absolutely convoluted. "Come and take them" implies to most people I speak with as a situation of non compliance with the state is going to occur if they demand your arms. In the same breath, you see sticker I guess is one of support for law enforcement. So is that person going to resist or not? I have honestly never reviewed any situation where resisting cops has ever had a better outcome than complying. I don't know all the details of the person killed at the recent ERPO in Maryland, but it shows very clearly that any level of non compliance with an officer can cost your life.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Red flag laws and the push for one in Pa., explained

They were there to serve a protective order as well as one of the state's new extreme-risk protective orders. Willis, 61, would have to temporarily give any guns he had.

After a confrontation, Willis fired a gun, according to police. Then one of the officers shot Willis, killing him.

The Anne Arundel County police chief pointed to the incident as an example that Maryland's new "red flag" law was working, saying that the situation could have been worse if police had not intervened, according to the Capital Gazette.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So if given the duty to act on a ERPO you'd do so? I'm just not familiar with cops that sideline as Constitutional Law attorneys or experts with expectations of belaying lawful orders as were legislated or orders from a judge. What's your take on the challenges to ERPO's on Constitutional grounds that have been dismissed?

Cops enforce laws as written by legislature. They enjoy doing so, or they'd find another job. I take it a cop has personal discretion with a contact he/she initiates on what to charge someone with. Something like an ERPO comes from a Judge, then somewhere up the LEO ladder someone directs whoever to take care of business. A cop that say's he's not going to comply with an order, I doubt will be employed much longer. Same deal with magazine arrests in states that prohibit certain types. Cops love collaring people when they have contraband. They get excited about it.

As to the prior meem, those two stickers together are absolutely convoluted. "Come and take them" implies to most people I speak with as a situation of non compliance with the state is going to occur if they demand your arms. In the same breath, you see sticker I guess is one of support for law enforcement. So is that person going to resist or not? I have honestly never reviewed any situation where resisting cops has ever had a better outcome than complying. I don't know all the details of the person killed at the recent ERPO in Maryland, but it shows very clearly that any level of non compliance with an officer can cost your life.

Too many incorrect assumptions to answer from the cell phone.

But for starters...

...enjoy enforcing laws as written by the legislature.

:lol: you clearly do not know what you’re talking about.

And...

...but it shows very clearly that any level of non compliance with an officer can cost your life.

Wrong... getting into a physical wrestling match with a LEO over a handgun and popping off a round in the process... can cost you your life. But... “any level of non compliance”??? Not hardly. :sad20:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Too many incorrect assumptions to answer from the cell phone.

But for starters...

...enjoy enforcing laws as written by the legislature.

:lol: you clearly do not know what you’re talking about.

And...

...but it shows very clearly that any level of non compliance with an officer can cost your life.

Wrong... getting into a physical wrestling match with a LEO over a handgun and popping off a round in the process... can cost you your life. But... “any level of non compliance”??? Not hardly. :sad20:

Sure.. that's the only way a cop would kill you.. :lol2:

Would Philando Castile agree? We'll never know. Daniel Shaver did his best, but his director decided it just wasn't an academy scripted performance. Poor Walter Scott just couldn't run away fast enough to out run the bullets in his back. Yep, so any level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom