• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yeah I think I want one too, don't need another lower but that's awesome.
    So who is selling these things.

Do like I did, I started collecting the more interesting lower receivers. I'll probably never build them into anything. It's fun just to look at them from time to time.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Do like I did, I started collecting the more interesting lower receivers. I'll probably never build them into anything. It's fun just to look at them from time to time.

Yeah I'm afraid that is the route I am going to go down......As long as my wife doesn't find out.:innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just remember all stripped lowers look alike so just tell her you have one and never take two out of the safe at the same time.:innocent0

I'm getting ready to set up a display in my man cave. I'm getting enough of them, that I think I can have a decent display.

Now I've just got to think of a good way to display them.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Interesting, like the different lower markings . Want to do another rifle but it’s hard to pick that right one or shall I say decide on what I want on it . Can get anything engraved , it’s a blank slate.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I looked at that site but didn't see the lowers. Are they hidden?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Just using air tools instead of electric.

Lol. The Amish here use a gas powered generator which powers an electric compressor for air tools. I tried talking them into just plugging into my house to save gas, but they wouldn't have it. Nothing I said got through to them that it's no different.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    CHecked out the Layman's site. Bought a T-shirt.

That shirt is classic. I've been to enough gun auctions and shows in the York/Lancaster area and seen more than a few Amish toting ARs. At first it's an eye-opener. Later you just get used to it. I like that everyone in PA treats black rifles like they should: just another tool for a job.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Lol. The Amish here use a gas powered generator which powers an electric compressor for air tools. I tried talking them into just plugging into my house to save gas, but they wouldn't have it. Nothing I said got through to them that it's no different.

The prohibition has to do with “the wire”—whether phone or electrical—coming in from the infrastructure of “the English”.

“The wire” is seen as the pathway of the devil, thus the use of animal-driven power, the use of generators and even cell phones, which have the blessing of the elders because there is no physical wire connected to the world.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The prohibition has to do with “the wire”—whether phone or electrical—coming in from the infrastructure of “the English”.

“The wire” is seen as the pathway of the devil, thus the use of animal-driven power, the use of generators and even cell phones, which have the blessing of the elders because there is no physical wire connected to the world.

And gasoline isn't?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It all depends on the local elders where they draw the line. I know Amish that can use Diesel to power compressors but not Gas, and some that use cell phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom