• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Folks - The next Mayberry .22LR Match has been scheduled for 1/27. Anyone take a bet on rain?!?!

Will post more information as it becomes available.

Eoddave

Aug 9, 2018
    My son and I might shoot in this match. We have shot PRS at Mayberry but this would be our very first 22 match. Do we need to register on Practiscore or do we register some other way for these matches?

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I never did a Precison for match before. Which rifle a 10/22 or a RPR rimfire would be best. And is it brand newbie friendly?

dghboy315

Dave Luu
    Mar 5, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    I never did a Precison for match before. Which rifle a 10/22 or a RPR rimfire would be best. And is it brand newbie friendly?

Yes, this is very newbie friendly. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions you might have. We will have many experience shooters to walk you through every stage.

There have competitors that use both rifles. Use whichever one you are most comfortable. The keys are having good dope for your ammo at 25, 50, 100, 200, 300 yards; and being able to shoot from improvised positions.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Hey it looks like my plans for the 27th fell through so I can finally make one if these. Are there still spots left?

Yoshi hasn't posted the practiscore link yet. So there should be plenty of spots.

So Yoshi, when will the link be posted? :)

Eoddave

Aug 9, 2018
    My son and I are defiantly in. I just got a 20 MOA rail for my rifle and we are going to get our dope for 250 and 300 this weekend. Do distances typically jump 50 yards or will we see targets at 225 and 275 for example.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    My son and I are defiantly in. I just got a 20 MOA rail for my gun and we are going to get our dope for 250 and 300 this weekend. Do distances typically jump 50 yards or will we see targets at 225 and 275 for example.

Close distance is 25 yd jumps. (25, 50, 100). Anything past 100 is typically 100yd increments. Standard match max distance is between 300-400yds. The ELR match is 200-600yds.

Eoddave

Aug 9, 2018
    Wow, I didn’t realize it went to 400 yards. I Thought the limit was 300. Well if nothing else it should be interesting.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    ELR side match again this time? i had fun watching last time and now i want to play.

suggestion for those who have never shot on these matches, BRING RAIN GEAR and something to cover your rifle.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    ELR side match again this time? i had fun watching last time and now i want to play.

suggestion for those who have never shot on these matches, BRING RAIN GEAR and something to cover your rifle.

Yup! I have a target cam that we're going to use to make "hits" easier to see.

As far as the rain gear... You've been warned! :)

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    sacrifice a 10/22 to the rimfire gods, i can deal with snow and cold but the one thing i don't want to see is freezing rain / sleet.

love the target cam idea for the elr

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom