• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'll be going to the 2000 table show in march with the missus. Can't wait

If you want to look at every table, be prepared to spend the entire day at the show. I've learned to look for specific vendors which allows me to get through the show in about 3 hours, if I don't get caught up talking to Dennis and Jenny Todd. This isn't like the Timonium show where I run through the show quickly looking for the steals/deals, then take my time going through every table looking for the needle in the haystack.

I would suggest that if you find something you like and it's priced right, buy it then. I'd almost bet that if you think you're going to be able to come back later in the day, it will be sold. Again, not like Timonium.
    There are a lot of folks looking to buy and any deals usually won't last long.

I would recommend you NOT eat at the show. The food is terrible and is expensive. There are many places to eat around the area. Eat before you get there and after you leave. Your stomach and colon will thank me. :innocent0

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    If you want to look at every table, be prepared to spend the entire day at the show. I've learned to look for specific vendors which allows me to get through the show in about 3 hours, if I don't get caught up talking to Dennis and Jenny Todd. This isn't like the Timonium show where I run through the show quickly looking for the steals/deals, then take my time going through every table looking for the needle in the haystack.

I would suggest that if you find something you like and it's priced right, buy it then. I'd almost bet that if you think you're going to be able to come back later in the day, it will be sold. Again, not like Timonium.
    There are a lot of folks looking to buy and any deals usually won't last long.

I would recommend you NOT eat at the show. The food is terrible and is expensive. There are many places to eat around the area. Eat before you get there and after you leave. Your stomach and colon will thank me. :innocent0
    I've been the last 3 years, I know what abyss awaits me, lol.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Do you try to park around the front or towards the rear? I've always found much better parking in the back lots.
    First year i parked in front amd walked a qtr mile. Last 2 parked in the Back/side lots and walked 100 ft. Your right about the food, it's pretty bad. One thing I've said about this show is not every vendor is MD friendly in regards to long rifles. First thing i ask if im interested in something is "MD buyer?" I hope I can score a dillion 550 and get my reloading in gear. Santa is coming in march!!
    One of my favorite vendors is the preparedness essentials and right next to them is a guy from TN that sells body armor and at parts.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    First year i parked in front amd walked a qtr mile. Last 2 parked in the Back/side lots and walked 100 ft. Your right about the food, it's pretty bad. One thing I've said about this show is not every vendor is MD friendly in regards to long rifles. First thing i ask if im interested in something is "MD buyer?" I hope I can score a dillion 550 and get my reloading in gear. Santa is coming in march!!
    One of my favorite vendors is the preparedness essentials and right next to them is a guy from TN that sells body armor and at parts.

There is usually 1 Dillon vendor there. Don't know his prices, but I think they can't discount (agreement with Dillon).

If you go into the back entrance, just inside and to the right, there's a guy that has just 2 tables. Doesn't look like much, but if you look closely, you will see some deals. He's been there the last 3 shows, so his should be there this year. I bought NOS 32 round real (old) Colt 9mm mags for $40 each among a bunch of other stuff. He says he's selling for his boss, but just talk to him for a bit and he'll give you a good deal on just about anything on his table. I've bought something from him each time I've been there.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    There is usually 1 Dillon vendor there. Don't know his prices, but I think they can't discount (agreement with Dillon).

If you go into the back entrance, just inside and to the right, there's a guy that has just 2 tables. Doesn't look like much, but if you look closely, you will see some deals. He's been there the last 3 shows, so his should be there this year. I bought NOS 32 round real (old) Colt 9mm mags for $40 each among a bunch of other stuff. He says he's selling for his boss, but just talk to him for a bit and he'll give you a good deal on just about anything on his table. I've bought something from him each time I've been there.
    Yeah, I chatted with him last year, I have his card somewhere. Decided to go Friday versus my normal Saturday adventure in march.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yeah, I chatted with him last year, I have his card somewhere. Decided to go Friday versus my normal Saturday adventure in march.

I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday this year. My wife and daughter are having a baby shower for my daughter-in-law, possibly on the 18th, but if not, it's going to be on the 24th. I probably can't make the 24th if that's the case.

Either way, it will be a good time.

Would love to talk to Dennis Todd about a pew pew pew, but probably not this year.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday this year. My wife and daughter are having a baby shower for my daughter-in-law, possibly on the 18th, but if not, it's going to be on the 24th. I probably can't make the 24th if that's the case.

Either way, it will be a good time.

Would love to talk to Dennis Todd about a pew pew pew, but probably not this year.
    I'm kinda hoping Friday will be wide open and I can stroll down ailses without bumping into anyone.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Lol, can't be any worse than a Saturday.

It all depends on the weather. Fridays have been crazy, stupid busy before. You also have to realize you won't have as much time Friday night as you do on Saturday.

But it's all good. I like to talk to all of my friends, so I could probably get through the show in 2 hours instead of the 5 or 6 it takes me when I talk to everyone.

Good Luck!

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    It all depends on the weather. Fridays have been crazy, stupid busy before. You also have to realize you won't have as much time Friday night as you do on Saturday.

But it's all good. I like to talk to all of my friends, so I could probably get through the show in 2 hours instead of the 5 or 6 it takes me when I talk to everyone.

Good Luck!
    Thanks, we'll still have fun no matter how crowded it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom