• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I only have maybe 500 rounds through my 16", unsuppressed, and don't recall having any issues. I've been shooting PMC Bronze .223.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I only have maybe 500 rounds through my 16", unsuppressed, and don't recall having any issues. I've been shooting PMC Bronze .223.

Ive been feeding mine with recycled Russian steel. Mostly Tula, Wolf and WPA

It runs a lot better with brass cased 5.56. ( most guns do)

for me,any MSR that doesnt digest steel case ammo isnt worth keeping.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Only issue I have had with mine was using AE brass JHP rounds. Was about 200 rounds in. Loaded mag with 10, had FTF, cycled, happened again, reloaded with FMJ, and all was well.

Now that it's closer to 1000, worth a try again or is JHP a no-no with the Tavor?

mazinger

Feb 11, 2013
    Columbia
    pausing mid mag cycle, adjusting the optic while the tavor is in upright position, then resume firing again resulted in failure to fire first round. anyone experience this issue? lefty version with pmc 55gr. i should have checked if it was light primer strike from the bolt partially being out of battery. hand cycled ammo reloaded in the rifle fired fine as pmc's have never given me any issues.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Most of my FTF/FTE during the first 300 rounds can be attributed to new mags ( p mags). While US made tavors do not have issues with the bolt hold open device dragging on unmodded P mags. I think, new mags tend to slow the bolt down a bit causing issues. As soon as they break in, they work fine.

Never had issues with USGI / Stanag mags.

50bmg

Sep 24, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Most of my FTF/FTE during the first 300 rounds can be attributed to new mags ( p mags). While US made tavors do not have issues with the bolt hold open device dragging on unmodded P mags. I think, new mags tend to slow the bolt down a bit causing issues. As soon as they break in, they work fine.

Never had issues with USGI / Stanag mags.

Haven't experienced any of the FTE/FTF issues, but can say that the Lancer mags are also good to go.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I put in an order for the Timney when they published it on their website only to have them delay it time and time again.

".. Release late February.."
    "... Scheduled for release in March"
    ".. Expected early April"

I didn't expect to receive it right away but c'mon man. It's getting pretty annoying now.:tdown:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm waiting for the geisselle super tavor
    Me, too. It's not really much more expensive than the others, either.

Next time bonus time rolls around, I think I'm gonna be picking up an MOR and a Geisselle Tavor trigger... I have an Eotech 553 on my Tavor right now, but it's gonna have to move to my Sig 556 SBR when the stamp comes back.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I have gotten used to the factory tavor trigger. Not sure if im going to upgrade.

Did you take the spring out of yours? I've only got about 600-700 through mine without the spring and it's not that bad. It still pretty mushy and heavy. Starting to think I should just save the $350.

I'm just wondering if after say, a few thousand rounds it'll start feeling even lighter? My trigger gauge only goes to 8lbs and it still breaks above 8.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Yup, did take out the spring. Not bad. But you are right, its still a bullpup trigger.

Maybe its time to save up and upgrade. If it helps in the accuracy department, i may go or it.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I am going to have a great rifle with a Vortex 1-6x RazorII HD and a Geisselle trigger.. can't wait for them to release it. plus I have a bayonet lug!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom