• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I was thumbing through the Midway USA flyer and came across this Crosman DPMS Full-Auto SBR air rifle on sale for $149.99.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/462562/dpms-sbr-full-auto-co2-177-caliber-bb-air-rifle

At 400 fps .177 BB ballistics you're not going to shred anything except paper. I can think of a lot of backyard fun this could be on Christmas morning.

Here's Pyramid Air's review on YouTube.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Yes these are nicely built and fun! I got one a few weeks ago when Pyramid had them on sale for the same price as Midway. Also got 10% more off and free shiping. I’ve had some fun with it already! The reloaded is a pain and there is nothing “speedy” about it. With the mag installed it feels almost like a real one.

Attachments

• F3D78B8A-57E0-4348-BB74-FBCBB7A323FD.jpg
      F3D78B8A-57E0-4348-BB74-FBCBB7A323FD.jpg
      65 KB · Views: 827
    • 6A4D0322-1006-4C1E-A76A-BCDE3E088D9E.jpg
      6A4D0322-1006-4C1E-A76A-BCDE3E088D9E.jpg
      72.9 KB · Views: 812

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yes these are nicely built and fun! I got one a few weeks ago when Pyramid had them on sale for the same price as Midway. Also got 10% more off and free shiping. I’ve had some fun with it already! The reloaded is a pain and there is nothing “speedy” about it. With the mag installed it feels almost like a real one.

So the speed-loader isn't so great?

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    So the speed-loader isn't so great?

No it jams up! Every time I’ve used it jams! Had to take it apart a few times to get bb’s out. From what I’ve read about it the size of the bb maters. Smaller ones are supposed to work better but I haven’t tried any yet. The mags only hold 25 and they go fast on full auto! Extra mags aren’t cheap but the mags hold the two co2 cartridges and the bb’s and it’s the heaviest part of the whole rifle! So carrying extra mags will be cumbersome.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    If they start calling the .177 caliber a 4.5 milimeter....we could be in trouble....:mad54:

Already done as the Europeans invented most of them. The common pellet calibers are 4.5/5.0/5.5 mm. Often stamped right on the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom