• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    So far, just from posts here and those who have told me but not posted, it looks like we may have as many as 21 bikes.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Don't know.....yet..... Still figuring this new bike out.

No worries. If you've got a list of directions, I'm sure that'll be fine. I can plug in the waypoints.

Yesterday, I got my vintage KZ started up (she'd leaked enough gas to be on reserve), rode that for a little while until I noticed a small oil leak or overflow or something). Parked that one and got my bobber out - that was a fun little jaunt to fill up & add fuel stabilizer for the winter. Then, the wife and I got out on the road for a couple of hours :D (Me on the Vaquero and her on her Sportster).

-John

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I wanted to throw a "PSA" out there. BRING CASH FOR LUNCH.

This morning my bank card was hacked AGAIN. I used my card this weekend at 5 different places, and the place we are going for lunch was one of them. I suspect the culprit is one of the local businesses here in Eldersburg, because of the nature of the fraudulent charges being the same as the last time it happened a couple months ago.

I had never been to the place we are going for lunch, so I'm more likely to lean towards my local places, HOWEVER, I don't want to take any chances, so BRING CASH FOR LUNCH just as a precaution.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    There is no address, but if you google map "Park & Ride W. Old Liberty Rd Sykesville" it will bring it up and you can map it from wherever you are coming from.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Took scoot out today, first time in a while with foot injury, and achilles injury, I'll take short rides as much as I can before the 14th, it was owie owie,

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Took scoot out today, first time in a while with foot injury, and achilles injury, I'll take short rides as much as I can before the 14th, it was owie owie,

I guess I should let you know then that 2 places we will be stopping and parking are not paved. They are hard packed with some gravel, but fully okay for two wheels. I and several other bikes have been to them many times. I just know that it can be difficult footing for some, and thought I'd put it out there.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I guess I should let you know then that 2 places we will be stopping and parking are not paved. They are hard packed with some gravel, but fully okay for two wheels. I and several other bikes have been to them many times. I just know that it can be difficult footing for some, and thought I'd put it out there.

Thanks man, it is more of a stretching while in riding position, still planning on riding.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I got out and rode ~250 miles today. Beautiful weather, hopefully it sticks around for next weekend.

203 miles for us today. MD, WV, VA. Yes...weather was awesome. Here's to clear skies on the 14th.

Getting pretty pumped to play tour guide next weekend.

If I could ask a favor of you all...If you are a "definite" for the ride, could you just shoot me a quick pm? (or text me if you have my number) I would like to lock down a head count and want to make sure I have enough "tour sheets" for everyone with some extras for last minute riders.

Thanks

Dave21042

Feb 17, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    Can you post the route? I may go, but will have to break off to get back to the house by around 1:30 PM. I just want to see if I can work everything out.

Thanks,
    David

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Can you post the route? I may go, but will have to break off to get back to the house by around 1:30 PM. I just want to see if I can work everything out.

Thanks,
    David

I'm in the same boat, can probably make it, but have to leave early to get back home for a prior engagement.

Would really like a route sheet, list of stops, or pretty much any idea of where we are going in advance, would be much easier to program in ahead of time. Can PM with e-mail or phone number to text to if you can't post it on the open forum.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I'll try this

Attachments

• IMG_1350.jpg
      IMG_1350.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 131
    • IMG_1351.jpg
      IMG_1351.jpg
      65.3 KB · Views: 131

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    BMWs welcome?

I believe I stated earlier that anyone was welcome. Anyone that rides safe that is.

I personally don't give a crap what anyone rides as long as they ride it well. I've owned Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Harley. Liked different things about all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom