• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I just don't know where to look. Have we had any state that passed anti 2A laws but later reverted back to pro 2A? I can't think of any example. It seems like they will only keep piling on more laws but never repeal it. The only thing I can think of is that "assault gun ban" signed by Clinton was allowed to expire under GW Bush. However, that is Federal law not State law.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Not up on my Michigan current events since I moved away in the 80’s but aren’t they a little more free with 2A now than they were back then? I remember an ammo log back then and no carry provisions.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Despite the recent shift toward totalitarian government, the strong trend in favor of 2A goes on, aided and abetted by our new Dem overlords, who scared the crap out of many of their constituents with the past year's peaceful riots.

Even before then, it merely needs a glance at the right to carry map to see what is going down on the state level. Once people can arm themselves, they tend to distrust those who would remove that right.

Attachments

• rtc.gif
      rtc.gif
      85.6 KB · Views: 275

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Not up on my Michigan current events since I moved away in the 80’s but aren’t they a little more free with 2A now than they were back then? I remember an ammo log back then and no carry provisions.

I left Michigan in 2008 after 16 years living there. I remember that I needed a license to purchase handgun similar to Maryland HQL. Then after purchasing, you bring it down to local police station for "inspection" and the "certificate" is issued to you with serial number of the pistol. You can buy ammo anywhere. Some store would ask you to write your name on the book but I ignore them.

JChris

Jan 10, 2021
    Clarksburg
    To the following considerations,
    I wish every one seriously and earnestly to attend; by what kind of
    men, and by what sort of conduct, in peace and war, the empire has been both
    acquired and extended: then, as discipline gradually declined, let him follow in his
    thoughts the structure of ancient morals, at first, as it were, leaning aside, then sinking
    farther and farther, then beginning to fall precipitate, until he arrives at the present
    times, when our vices have attained to such a height of enormity, that we can no
    longer endure either the burden of them, or the sharpness of the necessary remedies.

Titus Livius (Livy), The History of Rome, Vol. 1
    [10 AD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom