• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

For those who are afraid of carrying a loaded weapon because it's dangerous, or whatever reason, you might as well stop carrying it. If this doesn't give you cause for concern, then there is no hope for you and self defense with a firearm.

Trooper on a traffic stop gets shot in the hand. Makes it back to her vehicle to go for the carbine....

I won't spoil it, but fast forward to about the 3:30-4:00 mark.
    Also, the need for critical thinking under stress. Which she had NONE of. But she stayed in the fight, which is huge.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    See, he lives in America. Definitely NOT in Maryland, the Worker's Paradise.

Well, there are glock, etc... owners who are afraid of keeping them hot inside their home.
    You get an injured mitt before hand, there's no way you are charging that weapon.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I would’ve assumed it would be standard practice to keep the rifle loaded with round in chamber, maybe keeping the safety on if any concern of AD.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yup, thanks for posting Blaster. WHat the heck was that guy thinking??

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, when she's charging the AR at the beginning, after switching hands, her steering wheel helps eject the mag. She didn't seem to realize, and of course her focus is on the guy who shot her, whether he continues to be a threat, etc. I only made it to 4 minutes in the video, so this might be discussed in it afterwards.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Wow, when she's charging the AR at the beginning, after switching hands, her steering wheel helps eject the mag. I only made it to 4 minutes in the video, so this might be discussed in it afterwards.

See, I didn't even see the mag. I thought it was just empty.

I think the major point here, is it is valiant "Staying in the fight", but when you don't have critical thinking skills intact under stress, then you just have a "body" that in the fight, and not a fighter.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Wow so much wrong , but she got the job done . With her lack of critical thinking it is a wonder she made it . What helped is the perp. gave up , can you imagine a bad guy that had more desire to kill . That is the way i see it , others may see a different situation

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    See, I didn't even see the mag. I thought it was just empty.

I think the major point here, is it is valiant "Staying in the fight", but when you don't have critical thinking skills intact under stress, then you just have a "body" that in the fight, and not a fighter.

Didn’t look like she even got a round chambered, mag was dropping before she had the charging handle all the way back.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Wow so much wrong , but she got the job done . With her lack of critical thinking it is a wonder she made it . What helped is the perp. gave up , can you imagine a bad guy that had more desire to kill . That is the way i see it , others may see a different situation

Her radio call is what got it done technically. Bureau of Indian Affairs made the stop.
    Imagine if she had made the stop and got out facing him with that AR and him shooting at her? That would have been a mess, because she threw her pistol on the passenger seat before she took off in pursuit.
    She wasn't armed the whole time.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Her radio call is what got it done technically. Bureau of Indian Affairs made the stop.
    Imagine if she had made the stop and got out facing him with that AR and him shooting at her? That would have been a mess, because she threw her pistol on the passenger seat before she took off in pursuit.
    She wasn't armed the whole time.

God smiled down on her that day , it was not her time . Thank You for clarifying about BOIA making the stop .
    I was jogging the video around a bit so i missed that .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom