Is a Security Clearance grounds for Wear and Carry Permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    ^this. If I tried to ask for such a letter (for arguments sake, let's pretend I might have a clearance :rolleyes: ), I'd be laughed out of [insert secured facility here].

That’s where a conversation one on one with the FSO on the high side first helps them understand the exact request, and the need, context, and limitation of the request.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    See item G4 Below.

Attachments

• 6E4C59CD-1417-449E-803E-B2B9740DF78A.jpg
      6E4C59CD-1417-449E-803E-B2B9740DF78A.jpg
      100.6 KB · Views: 637

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    ^^^ Exactly, as opposed to what was stated in the video, along with all the other inaccuracies......

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    If you have A TS/CI/TK or higher why would you broadcast it? It would be the furthest from my mind CCW or not as records can be hacked.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    If you have A TS/CI/TK or higher why would you broadcast it? It would be the furthest from my mind CCW or not as records can be hacked.
    Remember the OPM breach? I would be willing to bet that most foreign governments with decent intel programs have a pretty good idea who has what clearances already.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Remember the OPM breach? I would be willing to bet that most foreign governments with decent intel programs have a pretty good idea who has what clearances already.

I know some people with more that one letter. Not even our Government know who f'k up. :rolleyes:

What Harry said.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, agree the day OPM was hacked I locked all my credit reports and they remain locked today. My info was hacked and someone was using my SSN. My rich Uncle Sam took care of it, the guy is sitting in a prison for a long long time. He was caught in CT, and the local State Police held him until his disposition.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I know folks that have a DD214 and active TS clearance that have all received their MD CCW with no issues. I believe their security officer needed to vouch for their TS clearance. I do not think any other information was officially shared.

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    Agreed, don’t over think it. Just be happy for those that can get one. It may make it easier for everyone else later; probably not in this state but maybe. I’m going to try it.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    How threatened do you feel holding a TS?

I do not care if someone feels threatened by a mosquito and gets a W&C permit from it, we should not have to beg, plead and write essays for our rights; therefore anything that will pass MSP is a good thing.

To answer your question, I will differ to the Director of National Intelligence in their Security Executive Agent Directive 3 (available here). See Section E sub 1.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I do not care if someone feels threatened by a mosquito and gets a W&C permit from it, we should not have to beg, plead and write essays for our rights; therefore anything that will pass MSP is a good thing.

To answer your question, I will differ to the Director of National Intelligence in their Security Executive Agent Directive 3 (available here). See Section E sub 1.
    Yeah I get it. Blah blah blah.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yeah I get it. Blah blah blah.

My friends were mostly BRAC folks that had a choice to move to MD or get another job. They held CCWs in their home state and were like "WTF G&S!?!"

The TS worked for them so they used it.

Ditto on the blah, blah...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My friends were mostly BRAC folks that had a choice to move to MD our get another job. They held CCWs in their home state and were like "WTF G&S!?!"

The TS worked for them so they used it.

Ditto on the blah, blah...
    I'm all about exploiting a vulnerability. But don't tell me someone working at the big glass building for 20 years all of the sudden feels threatened and are scared day to day.
    Seriously, how humiliating for a Trooper who knows differently to have to go ahead and follow through on one of these apps.
    Literally ZERO of these applicants have NEVER been followed to their home by the "enemy" and had to follow through with counter surveillance.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm all about exploiting a vulnerability. But don't tell me someone working at the big glass building for 20 years all of the sudden feels threatened and are scared day to day.
    Seriously, how humiliating for a Trooper who knows differently to have to go ahead and follow through on one of these apps.
    Literally ZERO of these applicants have NEVER been followed to their home by the "enemy" and had to follow through with counter surveillance.

Yup. I'd exploit it if I could.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom