• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There is a "root cause" for all this violence, which nobody seems to want to address openly. It's always "...and last night in SE, three shot, one dead...", as if it happens in a vacuum.

The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    There is a "root cause" for all this violence, which nobody seems to want to address openly. It's always "...and last night in SE, three shot, one dead...", as if it happens in a vacuum.

I dunno if this region is ready for a take that "woke" on the whole homicide rate thing.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD

I would say the second step is to correctly identify the problem. And it's not the gun.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This problem has zero Bering on permits vs no permits and has much deeper roots. To equate the violence here with 2A freedoms is clearly an outside looking in view.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It’s the guns.

/sarcasm

I dunno if this region is ready for a take that "woke" on the whole homicide rate thing.

I would say the second step is to correctly identify the problem. And it's not the gun.

My opinion had nothing to do with 2A(since there seems to be commonality in replies). There's something going on here. If it were the 1300s, they'd be going at one another with longs words. There's a serious problem here and it has nothing to do with guns.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    My opinion had nothing to do with 2A(since there seems to be commonality in replies). There's something going on here. If it were the 1300s, they'd be going at one another with longs words. There's a serious problem here and it has nothing to do with guns.

Yeah bud sorry i was responding to the OP

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah bud sorry i was responding to the OP

Deleted

My point was, there is no honest reporting on what is happening in NE/SE/southern PGCo. In order to establish and promote the anti-2A narrative, it's just fine and dandy with the media that so many young(mostly) people are dying and it's all because of "gun violence". The more dead and wounded, the better for the cause.

Pretty sure we all know that these shootings are a result of the never mentioned underlying problem and not the problem itself.

(stepping down off my high horse now)

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Most of the murders occur in the Swedish-American neighborhoods. Just like in Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, and New Orleans.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Most of the murders occur in the Swedish-American neighborhoods. Just like in Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, and New Orleans.
    Damn Swedes. We need to send them back to Scandinavia.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City

Oh, I know exactly what you were getting at. The majority of homicides in this country have nothing whatsoever to do with the availability of firearms.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Damn Swedes.
    :thumbsup:

:D

th

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Outrider is correct. It is the unmentionable word like Voldermort. Same scenario no matter what urban area lfcehich you may be talking. Until the elected officials hit it head on in the open, it will continue. Now perhaps they want this in for some twisted Margaret Sanger reason

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    We're living in the Great Society LBJ promised. We thought he meant great for all of us, but he really meant for elected Democrats. They are still getting the votes he predicted, so at least something is working out as planned.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Can somebody fill me in on what the underlying issues are? The media says there are too many guns, that’s not true?

Just a couple ideas...

Too many guns in the hands of prohibited persons
    Refusal to prosecute said felons for gun crimes
    Refusal to prosecute straw purchasers
    Implementing the Near Act
    Disbandment of the vice squads
    Councilpersons more concerned with protecting criminals than victims

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Can somebody fill me in on what the underlying issues are? The media says there are too many guns, that’s not true?

I'm gonna say it mostly has to do with Undocumented Pharmaceutical Organizations having discussions among themselves regarding distribution territory boundaries. But then what do I know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom