• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I hope the good folks at 2A are reading this. Personality is so important at a gun store. Really, I have a generally negative opinion of most gun shops I've visited, there's just something about the combination of legal, political, technical and personal bias that can interfere with good gun advice. My hat is off to one guy at "The Gun Rack" and a handful of other folks that are able to set all these unconscious bias' aside.

Find the gun you want, do your own research, then buy from a reputable dealer near you, let's spread the good will.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I never had a problem with Miller's although the staff was never "warm". They always seem very busy too. I never got a very good vibe from X-Ring although their staff isn't too bad. Their long gun selection isn't that great, they seem to deal mainly in handguns. Don't even bother stopping into Shooter's Supply, the guy is basically a catalog dealer and doesn't carry much in stock.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Millers tried to rip me off years ago and i never got over it. Millers is a small shop and i feel like i cant even look at anything with out someone up my ars. They are however a big time clay busting shotgun store if you are looking for a high-end shotgun. A friend has nothing but good things to say about them.
    X-Ring has lost of accessories ( 30 rnd pmags, holsters, AR + shotgun build parts, optics) decent ammo supply. I have transfered a few things to MD from them and it went smooth.
    Also have dealings with Scottese and have referred several others to him. Scott is good people.

ForwardAssist

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    May 17, 2009
    First dealer. Any one deal with or have an opinion of: www.delawarepatriot.com

Thanks!

That's the website of Delaware Patriot Firearms Training, which is operated by a guy named Rob Wiltbank. Coincidently, Rob also owns Deloc.org. Good instructor, good guy all around.

The store you want is Patriot Firearms of Delaware. It's a reputable brick and mortar store. http://patriotfirearms.net/default.aspx

They usualy have some listings on Guns America. http://www.gunsamerica.com/SearchLi...=103649&Name=Patriot Firearms of Delaware LLC

On the other hand, I've dealt personally with Scottese. He's a great person to deal with. Top shelf.

It's worth noting that I myself don't patronize Patriot Firearms because they require customers to remove their baseball caps. No big deal to some, but I don't like the policy myself. The last time I was there they also "buzzed" me in the door. Not too crazy about that either. I guess I'm weird though.

Shooters Choice in Dover has a good selection. Targetmaster in PA has a very good selection too, but it's a bit of a hike.

BWomble

May 3, 2010
    Beaar, DE
    That place is full of jerks.

That's not true, some jerks yes but not full of Jerks. After I retired I worked there mostly in the back room, not the sales floor unless they got real busy, keeping the sale and inventory systems up and running firearms traces and testifying in court.

Got any names of the jerks and i will give you my personal opinion on whether you are right or not, via PM.

BWomble

May 3, 2010
    Beaar, DE
    Millers tried to rip me off years ago and i never got over it. Millers is a small shop and i feel like i cant even look at anything with out someone up my ars. They are however a big time clay busting shotgun store if you are looking for a high-end shotgun. A friend has nothing but good things to say about them.
    X-Ring has lost of accessories ( 30 rnd pmags, holsters, AR + shotgun build parts, optics) decent ammo supply. I have transfered a few things to MD from them and it went smooth.
    Also have dealings with Scottese and have referred several others to him. Scott is good people.

They are very cautious there. Some of there employees are not the brightest bulbs in the drawer and many handguns have walked out. I had a guy try to get one out on me but when I stuck a P-228 in his face he found it on the floor under the counter.

AlbanianSKS

That's not true, some jerks yes but not full of Jerks. After I retired I worked there mostly in the back room, not the sales floor unless they got real busy, keeping the sale and inventory systems up and running firearms traces and testifying in court.

Got any names of the jerks and i will give you my personal opinion on whether you are right or not, via PM.

I could'nt tell you any names,I never cared to ask or stick around long enough to care. I tried a few times to go in there and I just could not get past their attitude and never went back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom