Any truth to Balto. County switching to Glock17M?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The roll pin problem will increasingly occur during the winter months (cold temps and contraction). If anyone has this issue, the whole trigger assembly has to be replaced, not just the roll pin, it's the polymer expanding due to wear. OR you can just use the weapon as a paper weight, just don't slam it on the table! :0

Sounds like a poor choice of materials, if they are wearing that quickly.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    About time they ended this experiment and seeming obsession to be different.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    "The FNS-40 pistols will be sold to Glock, according to Vinson. It’s not yet clear how much money the county will recoup from the sale."

From the article.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It certainly won’t be much, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would guess sub 100 each. You can find others online used for 300. When factoring in changing hands at least 2-3 times and mark up each time I'd be shocked if they get more than that each.

I wonder if anyone needs 1900 holsters that expose the triggers and 1900 that cover them :lol2:

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    $1.5 million spent for new guns but no investigation comes with it

TOWSON, Md. (WBFF) - Baltimore County police are fixing a potential “catastrophic failure” by replacing its officer pistols. However, no one in Baltimore County is calling for an investigation into the purchase of the guns that need replacing.

Five years ago, the FNS pistol was bought by Baltimore County Police for about one million dollars. Since then, Fox45 lead investigative reporter Joy Lepola has tracked accidental discharges of the weapon, resulting in injuries to three police officers. County police stood by the FNS pistol.

foxbaltimore.com/features/operation-crime-justice/15-million-spent-for-new-guns-but-no-investigation-comes-with-it

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There was a segment on the news about it last night. Made the county council look like fools over the FHS purchase.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    FN's reply:
    "This trigger pin is a component that requires routine maintenance and should have been replaced according to armorer’s manual ..."

I wonder how often this "trigger pin" needs to be replaced in FNS-40.
    A more relevant question, does such a thing exist in glock? If so, when does it need to be replaced, 1000rd, 5000rd, or 50,000rd? Any gunsmith can pitch in?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    FN's reply:
    "This trigger pin is a component that requires routine maintenance and should have been replaced according to armorer’s manual ..."

I wonder how often this "trigger pin" needs to be replaced in FNS-40.
    A more relevant question, does such a thing exist in glock? If so, when does it need to be replaced, 1000rd, 5000rd, or 50,000rd? Any gunsmith can pitch in?

I have thousands of rounds through my G19 & G34 and the plastic trigger pin is still functioning & looks like the day I purchased them.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    FN just doesn't want to admit that their pistol is crap.

Luckily the Glocks are being rolled out now.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    FN just doesn't want to admit that their pistol is crap.

Luckily the Glocks are being rolled out now.

I would guess if there wasn't other issues already identified with the weapon, with one only having a band aid fix currently, they would have stuck with the FNS and just replaced the pins every 2-3 years or whatever FN recommends.

Between the pin failure and some other issues identified I believe folks who get to make these decisions lost faith and decided to move on.

Not really different than what MSP did with their silly Beretta purchase.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    just got done watching all about it on fox45... there going to spend another $1.443.000 on new guns.... said the triggers were falling off the FN's.... which that buy also cost over a Million... sad waste of tax payers money...

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    So the question is whether the county failed to do the testing and investigation they should have or whether FN sold them a POS and lied about its reliability. My guess is it's a combination of both with FN overselling the gun's reliability and the County not doing sufficient verification of the manufacturer's claims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom