• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    heres a pic of my two drum fed skorpians in 22 LR. I had to drill and tap the top cover for the laser sights and shave the mag well so it would accept the drums. note the "urban tigerstripe" camo. ;)
    lj020-1.jpg

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    They look great. Have you fired them yet or is a range report pending? I would like some details on the harness if you dont mind.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    the drums are sooooo much more reliable than standard plastic lipped 10/22 mags. The steel feed lips keep the damn things from cracking. I must have gone through 6 ram-line mags before i said f- it and bought the drums. I did have to shave about a quarter inch off the mag wells at the bottom so that they could fit. And these things are fussy eaters, but once you put the right ammo in, CCI stinger for me, they function pretty well.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    For the harness [slings] I went to wal mart, bought a couple sling swivels with the screws for wood stocks, and some webbing material. went home, drilled a hole that was smaller than the stock screw. then i SLOWLY screwed them in and then put the slings on. they hold up fine with no slipping.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    heres a pic of my two drum fed skorpians in 22 LR. I had to drill and tap the top cover for the laser sights and shave the mag well so it would accept the drums. note the "urban tigerstripe" camo. ;)
    lj020-1.jpg

what did you do? just order $5,000 of custom parts? the mosin m44 and now this?

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I do all my own custom work, so that saves me cash, and Im new to the forum so no one has seen much of my collection. Ive had these tecs for two years now. check out the other catagories, ive got rifles there too.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I do all my own custom work, so that saves me cash, and Im new to the forum so no one has seen much of my collection. Ive had these tecs for two years now.

at least you are creative (from what I've seen). Don't be shy

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Don't you think the drums are a bit of a pain to load?

yes but I dont have to replace them every two months because the plastic broke. but yes, they could have developed a better way to load them, maybe like the romainian ak drums load.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    how much do those suckers weigh? if its anything like a GSG i would not want to dual wield them!

too damn cool man, even if the camo is a turn off. They would look REAL sexy in black.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    how much do those suckers weigh? if its anything like a GSG i would not want to dual wield them!

too damn cool man, even if the camo is a turn off. They would look REAL sexy in black.

they are made of more plastic than metal, even with the drums they each dont wiegh more than a fully loaded pistol. I felt they looked to plain in just black, and that stamped steel rusts too easy.

If those are Pro-Mag 10/22 drums, you can save your $$$. They have to be the absolute worst mag ever. I bought one brand spanking new KNOWING it wouldn't work - and it didn't.

I'm planning on making a few "changes" to it, and also wanted to see how hard it would be to reverse engineer a working model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom